-->

Monday, August 22, 2022

Hello Monday (August 22, 2022)

 




Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  If you blogged today, grab our graphic above and link back up with us below.  Sarah and I are so glad you stopped by!



Here is what our little weekend looked like....



Friday 


When we picked up the girls from Dance Intensives, we got to see their performances- a Character and Contemporary Dances for Eva and a Ballet Dance for Diana- it was fun to see the perform and see  what they had learned and worked on.

 

 Eva's Character Dance



 Eva's Contemporary Dance


 

Diana's Ballet Dance


Obligatory Photos!





That night, Rob had a gig and Diana went to see some friends in a show so Eva "Pidge" and I did some Japanese takeout and chilled :)

 



 

Saturday

 

Diana and I headed up to the beach first thing for our Annual Mommy Daughter Boogie Board Day 

 

I just looked back on the blog and realized this was our NINTH year doing this- OMG!  THIS POST does a good job of recapturing the years and this tradition :)

 

 

Anyway, we spent the morning at the beach...riding the waves...talking and chilling...wish I could freeze time...more emotional right now because of my impending surgery and just want to be there for my girls :(

 

 Anyway, I am snapping out of it...here are some glimpses of our joy...







While we did that, Daddy and Eva shared some special time with a breakfast date at Mary Ann's, some bike riding and basketball :)




That night, we all headed to my parents to celebrate my Dad's Bday- look how amazing he looks for 81!  My mom cooked an Italian Feast- we ate like Kings!  It was a great time :)

 



 

Sunday

 

Daddy and Eva headed to hockey 

 


 

and Diana cleaned her room and got a presentation done for school that needs to be turned in on the first day.  I relaxed for a bit then got some cooking done so I don't have to worry about cooking this week.  My BFF Lea set up a meal train because she's the best like that so we have friends bringing meals later this week so my fam will be taken care of- warms my heart!

 

 

Yesterday afternoon we all headed to Finn's Birthday party and the kids had a blast in the pool and with this new concept of a "foam party"...many laughs were had and it ended up being such a great afternoon with some of our dance fam.

 



 











That's a wrap!  What were you up to?

 

I could use prayers this week so if you are the faithful kind, I would appreciate an extra shout out..Thursday is the big day :)

 

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Chelle said...

Sending up many prayers for a safe surgery and a full recovery.

Andrea Nine said...

I’m telling you! You guys know how to have fun, I mean a boogie board day and a foam party, what a blast! I’m so glad you lived it to the fullest this weekend girl, praying for you this week I know it’s going to go smoothly!

Anonymous said...

I follow this blog daily and Holly has referenced her surgery several times but I'm not sure what is for/what kind. Did I miss something ? I am not on social media so maybe I missed the info tbere. I am concerned and have been praying which I will of course continue to do but I wish I could be more specific with my prayers .

Diane said...

Sending prayers from Waco for you, your family, and your surgical team! You have such a great circle of friends to set up the meal train!

Maria Rineer said...

Well this weekend looked crazy fun! Your dad looks amazing- could seriously pass for someone in his early 60's. Love the dance, boogie board and foam party pictures so much. Thoughts and prayers for you, Holly, with your upcoming surgery.

Sparkles and Lattes said...

The soap party looked like a lot of fun! I am sending you all my prayers for a successful surgery. You got this.

Sunshine and Books said...

That looks like a great weekend! I love your mother daughter boogie boarding tradition. Happy birthday to your dad! He makes 81 look great! Sending prayers your way for a successful surgery and easy recovery. Have a great week!

Jennifer White said...

Your weekend looks amazing. I love that you both had one on one time with your girls. Your dad looks fab. Prayers for you and your surgery.

Ruth said...

Looks like you had such an amazing time with our girls. Happy belated birthday to your Dad, he really does look great! Holly, I have been praying for you and your health. I will for sure be praying for Thursday and that all goes well. Sending much love xx

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I love that Diana and you go to the beach every year for a mom/daughter date. How special is that? I know she will always look back on that time and treasure every minute.

I will pray for you, my friend! It's always a little nerve wracking going through surgery, but you will feel so much better when it's all over and done with. I had a hysterectomy as I've mentioned, several years ago (6? 7?) and it was the best decision I ever made! My relief was immediate and though I was sore for a little while, the medicine they gave me helped as long as I stayed on top of it and didn't miss. That would be my suggestion and advice for you- take the medicine, even if you don't think you'll need it for the first week or two, and follow the doctor's instructions. They tell you not to lift for a reason! I also slept in my recliner for about two weeks, which helped tremendously after coming home from staying in the hospital a couple of nights. It was hard going from laying flat to sitting up...I don't know what kind of surgery you're having, but it may be helpful for you to consider doing the same, if you think it'll help. Much love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...