-->

Monday, June 28, 2021

Hello Monday and Hello Ogunquit!

 



Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  We are coming off a lovely long weekend up in Ogunquit Maine....love love love summer especially when I can be with my peeps at the ocean!  Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE and sharing our beautiful weekend.... 

 

Friday

 

I took the day off so I could spend time with my girls and the three of us headed up to Maine in the Jeep...with the top down for most of it!  We were rebels- ha! (all ready in her Future President Pin!) :)



Once in Ogunquit, we walked around and had lunch at The Maine Catch which I highly recommend.  Hello steamers...lobster rolls and such...it was delish and a beautiful day to sit outside!

 











 Then we walked around and hit some shops and purchased our obligatory Christmas ornament...we even hit the candy shop and this is what Pidge chose...

 


 She kills me!


Later on my parents met up with us and we all walked to dinner at The Crooked Pine...Rob and his Dad got there just in time for dinner!  I am happiest when everyone is together...

 










 


After dinner we walked around and found this awesome patriotic statue so we had Papa and the Girls pose in front of The Navy side






 and we hit some shops and loved the shop that had various treats including all of these vintage candies and gum- so fun!





Saturday




I was up bright and early..l know shocker...my body is so used to getting up at the crack of dawn so I decided to head out for my walk and wanted to do The Marginal Way...The Marginal Way is an impressive coastal trail that follows along the ocean....I actually cried because it was so beautiful....I saw Ogunquit Beach...so much ocean...rocks...residential homes and so much beauty...my pictures do not do it justice...













and is there anything better than the sound of the ocean?




I made it to the end which lands you across from the famous restaurant Barnacle Billy's.  I could've turned around and followed the same path back but decided to change things up and walked up Shore Road and looked at all of the shops and homes...and then I bumped into my Mom who was starting her exercise and I convinced her to do the Marginal Way with me...I certainly did not mind doing it again....took a selfie in front of the ocean because duh!!




 After exercising and freshening up, we all walked down the road to The Blue Bistro for breakfast...again this kid kills me...

 


 

Then it was beach time!  Yeah!  Someone decided she was going to "surf" HA HA!!

 


 

 






 

Later on, we chilled on our deck and in our room and I dived into my latest book "Here's To Us"....my last book to read by Elin Hilderbrand...until she comes out with more of course...for the next two years anyway...sigh

 

That night, we walked down to a funky little Mexican place called Bandito's and enjoyed burritos, tacos and such for dinner with some potent margaritas-ha!

 







 

After dinner, the fam headed to grab some ice cream at a local shop and my mom and I went for a nightcap at the famous Front Porch...we sat at the downstairs bar...our fave area and caught up...

 


 

Sunday

 

Rob and I took a walk and grabbed some coffee and then we all headed to breakfast at our hotel...we finished our trip by enjoying some pool time...

 





 Thankful for a great weekend with my people!

9 comments:

missy said...

You look great!

Kelly said...

Maine looks beautiful. I've never been, and we planned to go this fall, but I think we're postponing it because last I checked, rental car prices were astronomical. I hope you guys had a wonderful time there!

Tanya said...

What a fabulous getaway. We spent a few days in Maine several years ago, and I can't wait to go back someday. So beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

My Glittery Heart said...

I would love to visit MAINE!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Maine looks beautiful and your recap makes me want to go there even more!!

Joanne said...

That sounds like such an amazing weekend!! As much as I have visited Maine we have yet to get to Ogunquit. I love all the family photos.

Maria Rineer said...

Great pictures of your amazing weekend in Maine!

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Headed up to Maine in the jeep with the top down! That sounds so amazing.

Everything you did, saw, and ate there looks and sounds amazing, too. I've always wanted to go to Maine after reading May Sarton's journals. I Googled and it looks like you were just north of her old place in York, Maine. Unfortunately, her colonial home by the beach was torn down in November. Kinda wish I hadn't googled. lol

All of you ladies and girls look lovely, but I love, love, love that long dress that the other lady is wearing that has pink edging or something down the front of it. That is so pretty!


I remember Fruit Stripe Gum! I always loved that little zebra.

The picture of the men holding up orange bowls or pots. What was in there????

I would probably cry over the beauty walking Marginal Way, myself.

Natasha said...

That looks like such a great weekend! We've been planning an East Coast road trip for years and other vacations keep taking precedence but this makes me even more excited for our eventual visit there!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...