-->

Monday, June 17, 2019

Hello Monday!




It was another relaxing weekend in these parts...I am proud to say!  Linking up with Heather and the crew HERE



Friday


While we were home working, Diana was off on her 5th Grade Class Field Trip to Canobie Lake Park.  Canobie is an amusement park just a few miles from our home.  I grew up going there...it was one of the highlights of both my childhood and my high school years believe it or not.  During the summer after my junior year in high school, my friends and I went EVERY darn weekend..seriously!  

Anyway, I digress.  I am grateful for mom friends who chaperoned and snapped some awesome pictures of Diana and her pals for me :)








I was able to sneak out for a quick lunch with my bestie Jill and we enjoyed being outside and catching up...of course I got the salad I always get at Red's in town :)  The waitress even joked that it really looked like art work!


After school, I picked Diana up and brought her to her very last ballet class of the year.  They had a party and I was able to snap some special pictures with her dance pals and Mrs. Mullen :)









 Then it was back to Canobie.  I dropped her back to a mom friend who let the girls play some more that night.

A few more pics were sent to me...can't believe my little dare devil!





While I was home relaxing with Zach, Shelby and Pidge...and Diana was off at Canobie...Daddy was at his last WHS Graduation and I loved the board's traditional selfie that he posted :)



Saturday


I started my day at the gym with Lea and got in a great workout and then picked up ingredients for my seafood chowder.  We were headed to the Batsons to chill that night and Lea requested this...I was excited as I had not made it in years and we knew the adults would gobble it up.

As soon as I got home, I got to work and it came out great.  I was psyched!  You can check out my recipe HERE and this time I substituted skim milk for the cream.  It was still as delish as ever with the seasonings and all of the fish!

 



 After I was done, we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful weather and I got to read more of the book which I am really enjoying- The Love Season by Elin Hilderbrand- one of her older ones and not disappointing!



Eventually I had some company :)  Pidge was too busy inside, obsessing over Shelby :)


 Rob grilled us some yummy chicken burgers and we lounged around until we headed to mass.  After mass, we headed to the Batsons with our big pot of chowder.....and I was so excited that Brooks was the BIGGEST FAN :)



 The Batsons have been putting in a pool and it was an exciting night...so glad we were there for it...the guys came to fill it with water SO the kids could not wait and jumped right in, even as the pool was being filled...Rob ran home and got the girls swimsuits, towels and such...it was a very exciting night!









 


 and a 2nd cup of chowder was requested :)


 When we crawled home, we were wow'd by some fireflies in our front yard...we stood there for five minutes admiring them...tried to snap their beauty but you really can't even see them here....



 Sunday


It was a rainy Father's Day but we made the most of it.  Rob, Zach and Papa went golfing first thing and didn't get too wet!




 The girls and I got their presents and cards ready when they were gone.  Then everyone came over for breakfast.  We had so many laughs!





Snapchat fun of course ;)



 Lea sent me a pic of her Dad enjoying some of my leftover seafood chowder- made my day! :)



Later on, we headed to my parent's house to celebrate with my Dad- perfectly low key!

Love the candids.....


That's better!



That's a wrap!  #SummerOfSimplicity

4 comments:

Rechelle said...

Love all the fun of the weekend! So neat to have that amusement park nearby and being there when the pool was filled looked like a blast!

Sunshine and Books said...

That is a great weekend! Keep up the summer of simplicity!

Tanya said...

What a fun weekend. I have so many memories of having a season pass to Six Flags when I was in high school The chowder looks delicious! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

What a FUN weekend. Now I have to make that seafood chowder!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...