-->

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tuesday Talk (Random Facts About Me Edition)




It's time for a fun link up with Ashley and Erika.  Tuesday Talk is when we get to talk about anything and everything we want to! Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE


Today I thought I would share some random facts about me especially for my newer readers...kind of like a re-intro so you know who I am....here goes nothing


1. I come from a family of four- Mom Diane, Dad Pete, and my younger brother Matt.  We lived in Stoneham MA (7 miles North of Boston) until I was 13 and then we moved to Andover, MA (about 30 minutes North of Boston) the summer before I went into 8th grade.  I am a New England girl through and through!  I am 100% Italian and 100% Catholic and proud of it!



2. I consider my college years some of the best of my life- since I love New England, I didn't go very far.  I went to UMASS Dartmouth in Southeastern MA and very close to the ocean- shocker ;)



3. I danced from age 4 to age 16.  When my parents made me choose between dance and horseback riding in high school, I chose riding and it is one of my biggest regrets.  (I quit riding after two years)

4. and speaking of dance, I auditioned and was cast in the Boston Ballet's Nutcracker for four years straight- from 4th through 7th grades- my first professional job!  I was a doll the first year and a soldier the next three years and this remains a highlight of my life!
5. My favorite part of high school was football cheering...I still get chills when I think about marching down to the field for Friday Night games....the crisp air...the sound of the band...and our cheers....nothing can replace that magic


6. I was Homecoming Queen during my senior year of high school and it still remains one of my favorite memories...it was announced at a pep rally at school and then again that night at the Friday Night football game...another magical memory under the "Friday Night Lights."




7. I started sleeping with the tv on during my senior year of college and now I can't turn it off..I know bad habit...before my husband and I got married, he started keeping his tv on all night to get used to it before we would start living together :)

8. I HATE birds...they are my biggest fear...well one of my biggest fears because I hate small spaces....hate elevators...don't enjoy flying but force myself to do it...you get the picture....I have issues

9.  When I married my husband Rob, I inherited three great kids and we became an instant family- being a stepmom has been the most challenging yet rewarding experience of my life


10. I have two daughters, Diana (10) and Eva (5) and they could not be more different.  One of my favorite hobbies is studying their personalities and enjoying all the differences- it cracks me up often!


11. I have been a Recruiter for over 20 years!  I can never see myself doing anything else- I LOVE people and I have found this path to be very rewarding- feeds my passion- despite the pressures, just knowing that deep down, I help people find the careers they love, makes it all worth it  

12. Summer is my favorite season- nothing fills me with more peace than time at the ocean...time in the sun....splashing in the water whether it be at the beach or at a pool...fireworks...popsicles...it is truly my favorite season



13. Some of my favorite things include: time with my hubby, time with my family, quality time with my girlfriends "my tribe", reading Elin Hilderbrand books, seafood, pizza, wine, fashion (especially Lilly Pulitzer), exercising (especially when I can be outside), going to church and working in our community


So that was a little glimpse into who I am...hope you will continue reading!








5 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

And a beautiful Homecoming Queen you were. I love these things abut you! Many of the things that I love too. Youare precious!

Rechelle said...

Loved this little post! So sweet that Rob started sleeping with the TV on so he would be adjusted one you were married!

Sunshine and Books said...

Homecoming queen!! Wow!! I love your high school/college pics! I am terrified of birds, too. They are just so unpredictable! So good to learn a little more about you! Have a super day!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

You sound like you are very outgoing and your career choice fits well with that!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

You are a TRUE extrovert. It sounds like everything you have done completely fits with who you are. I used to sleep with the TV on from the time I was 10 until college. But college broke me of the habit. Fun post Holly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...