-->

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

What's Up Wednesday (March 2019)






It's Spring...it's Spring...yeah!!!!

It is also time for my favorite post and linkup of the month so I am linking up with Sheaffer and Shay HERE

We are answering the questions above so here goes nothing.......


What We're Eating This Week


Monday - Ratatouille with Chicken
I used THIS recipe as a guideline and added shredded roasted chicken



Tuesday - Whole 30 Meat (Chicken) Sauce over Zucchini Noodles (Ziti for the kids) 

I used THIS recipe as a guide and substituted ground chicken for the beef



Wednesday - Caprese Chicken with Salad - Cucumbers for the Kids
Find the Recipe HERE


Thursday - Grilled Pork Chops with Green Beans and Brown Rice


Friday - Friday Night Pizza and Fish Night (Hey it's Lent!)



What I'm Reminiscing About


Last spring and all of Diana's dance work.  We are entering Diana's spring dance season.  It is the time of year when she is rehearsing for both The Lorax show and A Child's View Of The Holocaust show.  In addition, this year, she is preparing for two upcoming ballet exams.  The first one is and (her first time participating in ) the Royal Academy of Dance exams and the 2nd one is for the American Academy of Ballet performance exams.  Lots of work and lots of fun and we can't wait to see it all over the next month!




What I'm Loving


Longer days....more sunlight...Spring...yeah!!




What We've Been Up To


We had a wonderful time with our little fam and friends in Punta Cana- it was the perfect Winter Escape!




We loved celebrating Lucy and Diana's award for Best Dance Choreography in the State of NH for the National PTA Reflections Competition


and had a blast after over Sushi!



The Girls and Daddy rocked the Annual Daddy Daughter Dance


and we celebrated excellent election results which now means FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN for Eva- yeah!


We celebrated Jess's bday with some besties


and Diana had a really great basketball season-we are sad to see it be over!


Miss Thing also has the BEST social life...


I guess I know where she gets it?


and we enjoyed Mimi's stuffed shells before her accident :(



Mama pulled off an epic EOTY event with her PTA peeps



and received the much needed support from friends like these...



We celebrated Mimi's Bday and her being home!




and Papa Bob's Bday too!



What I'm Dreading


Nothing really...trying to keep everything in perspective!




What I'm Working On

My 2019 goals- personally and professionally!




What I'm Excited About

All of Diana's dance performances this spring!




What I'm Watching/Reading


My favorite show just wrapped up for the season but I am counting the days until it returns.....


A Million Little Things




I am also still watching This Is Us, Greys, American Housewife and I'm Sorry



One of my faves just wrapped up completely...I will miss laughing at these silly ladies...it was so much fun while it lasted....Teachers




Billions just came back and we devoured the first episode



and there has been some Beverly Hills 90210 binge watching in these parts too :)



and this month, I read 


"On Being 40ish by Kate Bollick and others"  Pretty quick and fun read.  It is a compilation of short stories and quotes from women about being in their 40's.


This one is thanks to my bestie Jill


and I am still making my way through my second read of the month but so far so good.  It is Cancel The Wedding by Carolyn Dingman


Thanks to my blogging friends for this recommendation!



What I'm Listening To


We have my playlists on repeat in the car- The Fort Lauderdale Playlist, The 45th Birthday Playlist and The Newport Playlist.  My girls will ask for Nothing Breaks Like A Heart by Miley Cyrus and Mark Ronson and Believer by Imagine Dragons quite often



What I'm Wearing


When I am not dressed for business or for the gym, you will find me in jeans most of the time.  I have been wearing lots of black but often also throw in some Lilly to give us some hope for spring!


My dress is old but you can still find it on Ebay HERE

I bought my top at an online boutique a long time ago- I am sorry I don't remember which one!




You can find my sweater HERE and I layered it over an old Gap black tank top


I got the sweater and the top both on Amazon and cannot wait to pair them with white jeans in another month or so!



My pants are from Stitch Fix approximately 3 years ago but you can find my top HERE



What I'm Doing This Weekend


Besides shuffling the kids around and visiting my mom, I am going to try and catch Rob's band.  They are playing at a new venue on Saturday night...woohoo!!!!



What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month


Easter and all of our fun family traditions!



What Else Is New?

Looking for some book suggestions.  You never let me down friends so please send them my way- thank you in advance!



BONUS QUESTION OF THE MONTH:
What is our Favorite Easter Side Dish?

It would have to be my Mom's bunny breads.... a tradition she started when my brother and I were little.  She cut out the original recipe from the Boston Globe!  You can find the recipe in my post HERE

We make them together now on Holy Saturday and then serve them on Easter and for days after...everyone loves Mimi's Bunny Breads! :)




That's a wrap!  What have you been up to?

3 comments:

Good Better Best Food said...

Congrats on full day kindergarten! What a relief and I am sure she is ready for it.

That bunny bread is the cutest!

I am busting out some Lilly myself today.

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Oh my goodness those bunny breads are ADORABLE!

Jill said...

Oh, those stuffed shells looked SO GOOD! Now I'm hungry! Thanks for sharing this week!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...