-->

Monday, March 11, 2019

Weekend Recap (End of Winter Edition- We Hope!)

Happy Monday Friends!  We had one more cold and snowy weekend in these parts but I am praying and the general consensus is that this is the end of winter...Daylight Savings and all....I think if we keep saying it...believing it...and writing it...than it will come true!  Ha ha!!

Here is what our little weekend looked like.....

Friday Night

It was time for the annual Daddy Daughter Dance in town (full and separate post on this coming this week!)

The girls got to go to the same dance this year and I snagged them adorable matching dresses at Macy's for the occasion and they will be wearing them for Easter and other events as well.


Diana wanted to have her friends over beforehand for picture and snacks so I obliged....the Mamas decided to stay and hang with me too after the Dads and girls took off for the dance so it ended up being a fun and relaxing night for this Mama too!


These girls crack us up!  They are so sassy and yet so supportive of each other...I think I have written here before that I prayed that Diana would find a good group of friends...so grateful she did and one Mama used to make fun of me at how obsessed I was about it and she said, "now I totally get why and I am just as obsessed....thanks for opening my eyes!"

My Lea came by too...thank God...we hadn't seen each other in two weeks and we were having withdrawals!  Very hard when you see someone multiple times a week and talk to them every day...but we are back on track...ha ha!!  :)

 
Successful and fun night all around!

Saturday

It is election season here in town and because Rob isn't running this year, I didn't have a campaign to manage so it was my first day out holding signs and I held one for our friend Heath who is running for Selectman.  I also held our "Full Day Kindergarten" sign for a bit too- every little bit helps!  We are praying this passes for all the kids in our district but especially our little Pidge!

Our Choices...
 





After that, I hit the Urgent Care to get checked out.  I have been having stomach issues since our trip and thank God all looks alright for now- will keep monitoring it.


But on to more positive things as this is my positive place!

When I got home, I cooked and prepared for a nice night in with our parents.  We had so much to catch up on and family QT was on the docket!


The night proved to be just that- it was so fun to share the details of our trip with our parents...have some laughs and show them some of the videos Rob captured!

(I introduced my Mom to Lust- Red Zin- she became another fan!)


 

Sunday

It was time for CCD for Miss Thing and then mass for all of us.  After that, My Father In Law helped us out and took the girls and got Diana to her dance studio where she had a class and two different auditions- she was there for 4 + hours!  (Her happy place)

Rob and I headed out to a memorial celebration for one of our besties' moms who just passed.  We ended up spending the afternoon with them and some other close friends and staying much longer than we had planned- so healing to be around the people you love, especially during a tough time like this for our friend Jess.

Last night, Robby B did the grocery shopping for us and the girls and I watched an episode of Beverly Hills 90210.  Diana is obsessed with Luke Perry now that he has passed and wanted to see what his fame was all about.  I told her, "just understand...this was and will always be the greatest show of all time." :)


I also used the time to take Eva's braids out (even with much resisting) before her bath!


 
It is back to the grind today!  Hope you have a wonderful week friends!

3 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

What a full weekend. How fun you are introducing your girls to 90210. I am planning on a marathon 90210 session very soon.

Terra Heck said...

The girls look adorable in their matching dresses. Hope your stomach feels better soon.

Rechelle said...

Awe that last photo of Eva is too cute! Looked like a fabulous weekend :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...