-->

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Thankful Thursdays (March 2019)




Hi Friends!  Hope you will join in on our Gratitude Train!  Today Patty and I are talking about being grateful...even during a long winter!

You will find our schedule below for our monthly topics.


Today's is a fun one.  Though it can be more challenging to find things to be grateful for, after several months of snow and cold and ice and blah....if you reach down deep, you can come up with at least a few things I am sure!

  This year, I am extra grateful because here in New England, I think we have finally reached Spring...and not just "on the calendar Spring" but for real....more daylight...warmer weather...outdoor fun Spring!!  Woohoo!


Regardless, here are a few things I have been grateful for over the past few months....


A much milder Winter than last year...snow and cold yes but no crazy big March storms that us New Englanders got blessed with in years past...like last year



A warm home




Great healthcare and a strong recovery for my mom





Coziness and snuggle time that is refueling us for outdoor fun just right around the corner.....




What are you thankful for? 

3 comments:

Good Better Best Food said...

As a fellow New England Gal--I am thankful that you had a mild winter. I know what that is like. I am also so thankful that I have a great link up partner in you Holly.

Hugs!
Patty

KKjeseth said...

Hey Girl! I've read your blog for a while now! I want to plan a long weekend trip for the hubby and I and I was leaning towards Boston (we are from Minnesota) but then someone suggested Cape Cod as it is much more reasonably priced and more relaxing. I thought I would get your thoughts, anywhere you would suggest we go to a weekend around Boston? The hubby loves sea food and this is pretty much the reason I chose Boston ha! Well that and I've ALWAYS wanted to see Boston. So I was thinking fly into Boston, stay the night see some sights, then ditch to an ocean town for the weekend. Thanks for any help! P.S you are looking SO amazing! Keep up the hard work!

Holly said...

Hi KKjeseth! Thank you so much for following along- means so much! Yeah for Boston! There is so much to do- where to begin? I think your idea is perfect-staying in the city for a night. I would hit a restaurant in the North End/Waterfront area- for seafood, Ocean Prime is incredible as well as some more casual places like The Daily Catch- OR you could combine the best Italian with the best seafood and hit Giacomo's or Lemoncello's both in the North End (Italian section). You may want to do something cultural the next morning before taking off for the beach- The Freedom Trail is also right in the North End OR you could do the Boston Tea Party experience right in the Waterfront section. The aquarium is right there too and you can also walk around Fanuel Hall and Quincy market- great vendors, shops, food, etc! Then if you want to hit the beach, you could go North to Gloucester to hit Wingaersheek Beach or Good Harbor Beach and there are several seafood restaurants there OR head south to "The Cape" as we call it- Cape Cod. Yarmouth and Falmouth aren't too far and boast so many wonderful restaurants and resorts and many right on the water. If you go to the Cape, hit Hyannis one night too- great restaurants and pretty lively. Anyway- there is so much more I could share. Email me anytime at hbinda@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...