-->

Monday, March 18, 2019

Weekend Recap (Tons of Fun Edition)

Hi Friends and Happy Monday!
I'm linking up with Heather Today HERE for Hello Monday!



I have to say, it was a jam-packed weekend with tons of fun for our little fam AND we really needed it.  I felt that I worked 100 hours last week...sometimes we have to do that to keep things moving AND Robby B has had lots of school board associated stress...lots of happenings in town/schools means he is bombarded with emails, messages and the worst, phone calls every evening...our phone is ringing off the hook!  Anyway, we needed some fun to blow off some steam and here is what our weekend looked like....


Friday Night

 The girls had a fun sleepover with Papa Bob so we could have a fun adult night.  Some besties got together for dinner and we decided to surprise Jess with a birthday cake...it was a belated bday celebration because she lost her mom right around her bday so we used our night for our dinner plans to celebrate her.  We met up at The Foundry in Manchester.  Most people I know have already been there and I was SO EXCITED to get there and it did not disappoint.  It is a funky restaurant in Manchester NH with a Farm To Table concept.  You can check them out HERE

I had a delicious scallop dish which included caramelized onions and a black truffle sauce- outstanding.  Great night for catching up and celebrating our dear friend.  P.S The cake is "THE Cake" from Sugar N Spice ;)



We had a pretty "junior high seating arrangement"....the guys sat at one end and the girls sat at the other....the guys also ordered oysters as an app so I got to sample a few ;)
 




  

Saturday


This was a CRAZY day....I felt like a taxi driver...ha ha!

Diana had rehearsal for The Lorax.  She is so excited that she was cast as a "Once-ler".  Mama is dreading the hair-do as it is intricate and has to be green- ha ha!!  Before dropping her off, we grabbed a quick coffee at Village Bean in town and chatted.  My heart is happy that she still likes to spend time with me (just hoping it doesn't end any time soon)

After rehearsal, I picked her up and brought her to her last basketball game of the season.  It was such a fun season and excellent experience- great coaches- great group of girls- they worked well together and had a lot of fun -we are going to miss everyone!  BONUS- Miss Thing scored her first basket of the season -we screamed we were so happy for her!  :)



After that, Daddy took Eva to skate and Mama took Diana to a birthday party for one of her dance pals- another great group of kids and so glad Diana is with them!

Later on, to end the night, Diana got to go to her friends for a sleepover (my mom and I agreed that we really want HER life- ha ha!)


Daddy and Pidge had a special night together and made dinner and had snacks while Mama headed out with some besties for our newer St. Patty's Night tradition (we just started it last year)

We hit Hanover Street Chop House in Manchester and then Old School Bard in Grill back in town.  Another night ensued...full of laughs and stories...I was surprised that I was able to rally but when you are with your people, adrenaline carries you through...am I right?





Sunday

We hit mass and afterwards, my parents had us over for Sunday dinner.  Papa Bob joined us too and it was such a nice afternoon.  My mom had told Rob about the stuffed shells she used to make when we were little and he teased her saying, "I can't believe it has been 15 years with your family, and I never got try them." That is all she needed to hear- she was on a mission!   She outdid herself.  We had a traditional Italian Sunday Dinner like we did when I was growing up.  We ate too much- laughed too hard- and just enjoyed the time.

 (yes back on the cleanse today!)

Car snuggles....sleepy girls :)

 

After that, Daddy took Eva to her soccer lesson and Mama took Diana to her rehearsal.  At this point, we were all wiped.

Last night, to wrap up our very full weekend, Eva asked to see our wedding and we showed her.  Just like Diana, we gained another big fan.  I was more emotional than usual.  It was hard to see Rob's mom.  She passed a year ago.  It was also hard to see my Grandmother who I miss so so much.  It is fun but also emotional to see my stepchildren so very young.  Anyway, it puts things into prospective and makes you feel more grateful but many tears were shed.

Today, we are ready to rock our week!  Hope you have a good one friends!

3 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! I actually have stuffed shells on our menu this week! I wish I had your moms recipe because I am sure hers is amazing:)

Tractors and Glam Blog said...

Holly, I took last week off and missed your blog. I can't wait to catch up and see what you all have been up. School Board stuff has to be so hard. I know we are kind of up in the air right now with changes at our school and I am sure our school board is fielding calls. Your dinner on Friday night sounds so yummy. What a fun and full weekend with your family! Enjoy your week!

Lisa said...

What a fun but busy weekend Holly! You're in a wonderful stage of life right now. Fast paced and tiring. Hope you have a wonderful week! XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...