-->

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Blind Faith

So yesterday was the worst day I have had in several years.  I keep things very positive here on the blog but today I felt the need to write.  Writing has always been therapeutic for me and often times, the best way for me to express myself.

Yesterday morning, I was so pumped up to get to the office.  I had just made a placement before Thanksgiving and I celebrate every small victory after a tough year...I felt this was my way out of the hole and the beginning of another productive season and hopefully prosperous 2018.  I left the house and told Rob, "I am ready to rock this day!" We both laughed...I don't know what inspired me to say that at that moment but I felt it and I was excited.

I think God had other plans.  On my way to work, I was pulled over for speeding.  Yep!  The officer was adorable (totally unrelated) and only gave me a warning.  I slowed right down the rest of the way and felt so grateful for not getting a ticket...a few days before the money pit of a trip to Orlando and a month before Christmas...I thanked God and knew someone was watching out for me.

Once I got to the office I got organized for my day and then my boss came in.  I always enjoy our morning chats but yesterday wasn't as pleasant...and I will leave it at that.  Things next year are changing...I don't know what that will mean for me but I'm keeping the faith as I always do.  It was very hard to stay calm and positive though...I have been trying to do that all year despite so many challenges....and at this point I feel like crying UNCLE.  Sometimes just when you don't think things can get worse...they somehow do.

BUT...as many people who know me will tell you...and as you have witnessed in this blog...I remain positive...I have to...that is my choice and that is the way I choose to live.  I know everything is in God's hands and I pray that he protects us.  

I just ask for extra prayers right now.  If you are not the religious type, I totally get it...but I know several of my blogging friends in this community are...just ask you to pray to make it all ok.

After work, I raced home to get Diana to cheer practice and then last night I realized my girls were not themselves....Rob took them to the Walk In for me as I was toast after yesterday.  They both have strep throat...ugh....remember I was ready to call UNCLE 12 hours earlier?  Yep!

Just happy that today is a new day...I can try and keep the faith all over again.  It has been a tough year here...business wise...and during those times...I feel guilty even more than my typical Italian Catholic self....but I press on.
 
As I was reading one of my daily devotionals this morning,  I was struck by one of the passages about living a balanced life...not feeling guilty about resting. This year...there has been no rest for me....I worked over 40+ hours/week trying to get ahead...and despite my husband reminding me not "to press"...I just somehow kept doing that.  I always feel guilty even when I need to take a quick power nap on the weekends...I bounce up because I am afraid I am letting someone down.

I am going to try to live by the word...this is what jumped out at me this morning.  "Trust in Him: Some people feel guilty anytime they try to rest, but that guilty feeling is not from God.  God wants us to live balanced lives, and if we don't, we open a door for the devil to bring some kind of destruction (see Peter 5.8). Trust God that your resting time is just as valuable as your working time." Joyce Meyer 


And so I press on...in a good way though....thank you for listening...
 

7 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

I will be thinking and praying for you Holly! That is a lot for anyone to deal with in one day! I admire your positive attitude and hope today goes a lot better!

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Holly, I'm so sorry you had a crappy day. I am very much like you though, I will ALWAYS see a silver lining in everything. God never promised us "easy" lives, but promised us He would always be by our side to get us through it. I always read your posts and think how in the world do you do it??!! I used to be like that, but in the last couple years I've decided to really slow down. I just can't do it all anymore. I want to just be home with my family and enjoy our lives together. I still have guilt, especially this time of the year that we don't "do all the things". I was talking with my girls about that, and they said they much prefer being home watching movies/playing games than being on the go. Works for me!

Hang in there kiddo, keep the faith and I will absolutely be praying for peace and direction.

Holly said...

Thank you so much Jaclyn! I appreciate your prayers and support always :)

Holly said...

Thank you Cara- your words are appreciated and so true- it is hard for me to say no- I am slowly learning though :)

Logan G said...

I'm sorry yesterday wasn't the best day - I feel the same way as you with not wanting to let people down! I'll definitely be saying a prayer for you and your family! Hopefully you have a better day today!

Holly said...

@Kristi - thank you so much- I truly appreciate your support :)

Terra Heck said...

I know you posted this a few days ago but I've said a prayer for you. May God bring you comfort and strength during the times of difficulty. I take a power nap every day of the week and I don't feel guilty about it. My work and personal life decline if I don't take that "me" time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...