-->

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Hearty Winter Salad

 






Hi Friends!  I am always looking for new and different salad recipes.  When winter hits, I try to whip up more hearty salads and those that can be a full meal really.  I was experimenting a few weeks back and fell in love with my creation.  Thought I would share with YOU.  Here we go...

 

 

Ingredients

 

1 bunch of Kale- leaves only- trim off all stems

1/2 Cup Olive Oil

1 and 1/2 Cups of Panko Bread Crumbs

1 TBLS of Butter

Garlic

Salt-Pepper

1 Lemon

1 Red Onion, Chopped

1 Can of Northern Beans or Chick Peas

3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

 

 

Instructions

 

Chop Kale and throw in bowl

Chop Red Onion and add to kale

Empty Can of Beans, Rinse and toss in 

Grate a lemon and add rind to the bowl

Toast your bread crumbs in the butter on the stove-remove once golden and crunchy- about five minutes- toss in the bowl

In a separate bowl, which together olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and the juice of your lemon

Once whisked, toss with the salad

Top with your Parm

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

This sounds good with some other green besides kale! I don´t care for kale but I´m sure I could sub a spring mix or spinach leaves instead. Thanks for sharing the recipe :).

Natasha said...

This sounds good! My kids will LOVE that I found another kale salad recipe! HAHAHAHA!!!

Sunshine and Books said...

Yum!! I would probably try it with different greens or a kale mix so my kids would eat it too, but it looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...