-->

Monday, September 17, 2018

Fall Cheese Ball




After a crazy busy fall weekend, I decided to just share a tried and true recipe with you today as we play catch up!

 If you are like me, you are always looking for fun appetizer recipes to either serve at home or bring to a gathering.  


Since Pinterest is one of my best friends, I always go there first for suggestions.  About 4 years ago, I found the cutest fall appetizer recipe and I have made it and tweaked it and served it countless times since then and it is always a hit.  It is perfect for Fall- it tastes great and it is sooo cute on a table!  

I call it the Pumpkin Cheese Ball or Fall Cheese Ball is probably better since there is no pumpkin flavoring in it at all!



Here is what you will need:

  • 16oz cream cheese, room temp (2 blocks)
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese
  • 3 tbsp minced onion
  • 3 tbsp salsa
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 cups nacho cheese chips, crumbled (I use Doritos)
  • Top of 1 bell pepper for stem garnish (I use an orange pepper because it blends in nicely with the Doritos)
  • Crackers/Tortilla Chips


Here is how you put this bad boy together:
 
  Combine cream cheese, cheddar, onion, salsa and cumin. Mix until creamy.

Scoop mixture onto plastic wrap and use wrap to form a ball and chill for at least 2 hours.

When ready to serve, roll ball into the crushed nacho chips and place bell pepper stem on top. 
 
Serve with crackers and/or tortilla chips.  I like to serve it with both Carrs Whole Wheat Crackers and Blue Corn Tortilla Chips because they look so festive



 

4 comments:

Rechelle said...

This is SO cute! Keeping it in mind for upcoming fall gatherings & Thanksgiving too, thanks for sharing Holly :)

Good Better Best Food said...

I love a Good cheese ball. Mine never look this pretty though

Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Saving this to make! Looks so yummy!!!

Joanne said...

This looks delicious and it's just so darn cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...