-->

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

What's Up Wednesday (August 2018)





It's time for my favorite linkup of the month yeah!  The last Wednesday of the month, we linkup with Mel, Sheaffer and Shay and answer some fun questions!

Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE

Here goes nothing!

What We are Eating This Week

Even though school doesn't start until next week, we are getting our act together.  This is what we are having....

Monday- Shay's Turkey Rice Skillet (we substituted Chicken- delish!)

 (Find the Recipe HERE )

Tuesday- Caprese Grilled Chicken with Potato, Green Bean and Tomato Salad


(Find the Recipe HERE )

Wednesday- Take out- Daddy's away so girls are keeping it casual

Thursday- Bday dinner- some of my favorite foods with my besties


Friday- Dinner for my Fam to celebrate my brothers' bday- my brother wants pizza so we will get that and I will make some fun sides


What I'm Reminiscing About

 Our Trip to Story Land and Santa's Village with the Graham Fam the last three years....When we were there, we kept reminiscing about the different things we have done...I love looking back and seeing how much the kids have grown.....

2016


 2017


and 2018




What I'm Loving


Loving...and obsessed with "Outdaughtered" on TLC- can't get enough!!  :)



What We've Been up To


Diana spent the summer working on her math with Mrs. Doherty AND sharpening her softball skills at Play Ball!


Eva demanded bike rides and bubbles all summer :)
 

We enjoyed the annual Triple Threat performance and especially loved watching Diana as the Young Charity in The Greatest Showman
 


Mama and Diana had a ball at the Taylor Swift Concert at Gillette with friends


 
Mama had a health scare 
 

 We cracked up watching Diana play Violet in Willy Wonka Jr in Windham's Summer Theater Camp with Mrs. Fothergill




Mama enjoyed book club at Karen's Beach House in York Maine with her PTA Peeps
 

We picked our own blueberries.....
 


The girls LOVED spending time with Ally at her company's summer outing


There were nights around the fire pit!
 

and Mama and Daddy enjoyed celebrating their 14th Wedding Anniversary with dinner at Cobblestone's (where it all started) and seeing Peter Cetera :)
 

We baked....Paleo Blueberry Muffins...and Peach Crisp....
 




Mama enjoyed seeing Journey and Def Leoppard at Fenway with Besties




and a relaxing wine dinner w/ The Fab Four
 

We loved that Diana got to participate in the Londonderry Old Home Kids Night with a reprise of A Million Dreams
 

and she had a ball at Joey's Bday Party!


There has been lots of QT with our little fam...
 

and a BIG DAY when Diana got fitted for her first pointe shoes :)
 


Eva had a blast at Max and Ty's bday party....
 

and LOVED getting fitted for her equipment for Bruins Academy!
 

We had so much fun celebrating Papa Pete's Birthday!
 

and Mama and Daddy enjoyed one couples' golf tournament this summer w/ besties
 


We had a blast at our Annual Vaca Trip with the Graham Fam and hit up the usual- Santa's Village and Story Land!



Diana turned 10 and celebrated with her first sleepover Bday Party and as Rob and I said "ONE AND DONE" ha ha!!




and Mama and Daddy enjoyed being part of Mel and Ray's special day!





What I'm Dreading


Shorter Days....sigh....



What I'm Working On


My health...my weight..down 17 pounds so far and feeling great!  



What I'm Excited About

Spending My Birthday Weekend with the ones I love most (my little fam) AND at my favorite place of all- THE BEACH!



What I'm Watching/Reading


As I mentioned above...my latest obsession....Outdaughtered on TLC




Younger....gets better and better!



Teachers...just wrapped up for the season



and The Affair...just wrapped up for the season...and an EXCELLENT season it was!



and this month I read....

One of my top three for the year- I LOVED this book!

Sophia Of Silicon Valley by Anna Yen

I could so relate to the workaholic in Sophia



and I am half way through Emily Giffin's new novel

All We Ever Wanted (so far just ok- not as great as her prior books)



What I'm Listening To

I compiled a play list for my 45th birthday....so many faves in one place...I am loving already listening to it......

The list includes faves from Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Backstreet Boys, Charlie Puth, Chicago,Color Me Badd and The Cranberries to name a few....so really covering every decade (with a heavy 90's influence of course!)



What I'm Wearing


There has been some Tuckernuck




and American Eagle Distressed Jeans...my new fave!



and lots of Lilly of course!







What I'm Doing This Weekend


Having my fam over to celebrate my brother's bday on Friday night.....then heading to the beach and zoo with my little fam to enjoy the last minutes of summer....and then spending my bday with one of my BFFs and her fam...eating steamahs...our fave!



What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

The Newport Wine and Food Festival- always such a lovely time...on the ocean again!



What Else Is New

Although I look back at summer kicking and screaming and wanting more....I am actually looking forward to all of the pumpkin festivals and fall fun that we can jam in....our kids are at the perfect ages and I want to enjoy as much as we can...of all of the spookiness and such ;)



BONUS QUESTION OF THE MONTH:
What's Our Favorite Back To School Tradition?

Well last year I said our annual pictures on the front steps and that is definitely #1 but I want to share the few I rely on every year because they are all my favorite!!

Meeting the Teacher before school starts
We always love to put the face with the name and start with a warm introduction



Annual Pics on the Front Steps  (must include the chalk board with the grade listed)


Annual Mama Get Together- Whether I am hosting or we go to a restaurant, I love doing lunch with some besties and both celebrating and mourning our littles


Meal Planning- First Day of School is where we get back into the game- we loosely meal plan over the summer but the 1st day of school kicks off the seriousness of it all ;)



and that's a wrap!  Enjoy the last days of summer and I pray that all of your kids have a smooth transition into the new school year!

3 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

You accomplished so much in a month!! congrats on your weight loss--that is so awesome!!! Enjoy these last few days of summer break!

Good Better Best Food said...

Holly,

Congrats on losing 17 lbs but mostly Good for you for taking control of your health! So proud of you.

The Bruins hockey camp looks awesome and I hope she has fun.

I have been to Brown's Seafood! I actually did a campaign event there with Barbara Bush early in my career. Their food is the Best!

Have the Best first week at school!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Rechelle said...

What a fabulous jam-packed month of activities! I can't wait to fill our schedule with all things Fall too :) Congrats on working on your health & the weight loss - you go girl! And oh my goodness that little "Hi! It's Diana" on the bottom of your meal plan chalkboard is just precious <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...