-->

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Keeping It In Check

So...had a health scare last weekend...and started and stopped this post many times but given this is my online journal...my online scrapbook....I thought what the heck...


Due to the pressures of every day life...and yes a big portion of it being work...my blood pressure was through the roof...this was a wake up call...to get my life in order...to go full force with a healthy lifestyle and to remember to slow down and smell the roses.


The silver lining of all of this was that I had my peeps surrounding me....my hubby and girls...my parents...and my BFFs (the sisters I never had)...so if you ever need to get some extra attention...  (JUST KIDDING)


In fact, Cass stayed and hung out with me on Sunday and we watched "Christmas in July" on Hallmark...more specifically..."The Nine Lives of Christmas" ...I told her that I would never forget that day for various reasons...but that one will always warm my heart



So...I will give periodic updates on my health but know that this little blog is one of my biggest sources of peace and creativity and at the same time, it is my documentary and the best way for me to look back...to make changes...and though I hate cliches, "live my best life ever"

5 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Oh Holly! I’m so sorry you went through this. Why do we as moms feel like we have to go 400 miles an hour and have everything “perfect”?? I have made that same promise to myself to slow down and just be. Hugs to you mama, I’ll be praying!!

natalie said...

Oh goodness! Feel better! We always want to be the best for everyone and everything but we are no good if we don't take care of ourselves first. I am so guilty of this. Take it easy and enjoy all the extra love you deserve! Prayers and peace for you and your family!

Rechelle said...

Praying for you friend! A good reminder to appreciate all we have and to take care of ourselves too :)

Holly said...

Thank you ladies- appreciate your support and kind words XOXO

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Oh my goodness Holly--I am so sorry to hear!! I am glad that you are under medical care and I pray you continue to get on the mend. It is health scares both big and small that remind us to take our health seriously. Hugs to you and your family:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...