-->

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Adventures of Making Paleo Blueberry Muffins



So...my mom's sister and my Godmother,
"Auntie Mar", surprised the girls with homemade aprons, wooden spoons, chef hats and some fun recipes.  They tore open their gift bag this weekend and got so very excited to do some cooking and baking.

I promised them that we would make some blueberry muffins on Sunday, with the blueberries that we had picked on Friday.

Well....they both alternated asking me when it was time to bake Saturday and Sunday...every hour...on the hour...hysterical and SO CUTE!

I decided that at the same time, I could fake them out with a healthy recipe.

**I am sharing the original recipe with you BUT I wanted to share our experience.  I substituted coconut flour for the almond flour as that is what we had in the house.  What I didn't know and learned towards the end of the process is that coconut flour is different from almond flour in that it absorbs more of the liquid so it is not an equal conversion. You can still use coconut flour in this recipe but know that you have to double your liquids.  So instead of 2 tbls of olive oil, use 4 and instead of 2 eggs use 4.  I couldn't fix this portion in time so I added some water to the batter.  Our muffins ended up pretty dry and they are falling apart.  The eggs, when using enough, would have been the perfect binder so there's that!  Anyway, they are still delicious and the perfect meal with a little bit of PB spread on top!  

More importantly, we had lots of fun as a fam of four baking on a rainy Sunday.....




Ingredients:



Their favorite part?  Cracking their first eggs!






Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350 F
  2. Prepare muffin tin with muffin liners or grease.
  3. Add all ingredients except the blueberries into a large bowl. Mix together until texture thickens and ingredients are combined.
  4. Fold in blueberries.
  5. Spoon batter evenly between muffin pan filling them almost full
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes
  7. Fight off the questions of "Are the muffins ready yet?" "Are they cool enough yet?"










2 comments:

Rechelle said...

Oh so SWEET!!! Always tricky figuring out those substitutions, glad everyone enjoyed & had a good time :)

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Nothing like having cute gear to make baking even more fun! I've baked with coconut flour and it is def not a one for one substitution with other flours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...