-->

Friday, June 15, 2018

Friday Favorites



Friends?  We have one more week of school over here...one...more...week...can I get an Amen????  Ready to be done with the rat race and all of the end of year activities...trust me I have enjoyed every minute but I am tired too...and can't wait for those summer vibes!

Here are some faves from this week....linking up with the lovely ladies HERE 




The Bachelorette

So I usually only watch half of the show...I go to bed so early so I usually can't last but my favorite part anyway is when I go into the office on Tuesdays and my boss provides my team and I hysterical updates.....they keep getting better and better.  Then I found a meme like this one and laugh even harder!







Nostalgia


I have been gathering some things from my childhood (thank you Ebay!) to share with my girls this summer.  Sea Wee dolls were some of my faves...I used to play with them in the yard and pretend that the water from the garden was their waterfall...we can't wait to play with them in the yard together this summer :)




 Another fave was the Berenstain Bears Almanac.  The book is a great description of the year as it relates to nature and weather and holidays and life in general.  I devoured it every year as a child and scored a copy for my girls.  We have already been reading it but plan to devour it many times this summer and make sure we incorporate some of the suggested Summer Activities!






Truth

Friends...this one I LOVED this week and I have been struggling with how to react to someone who I thought was a friend...who has been saying negative things about me...and not treating me or my family like the friends we thought we were...it is tough to be kind in these situations but I am doing my best




 which brings me to my next favorite which is my 2018/2019 mantra of FOLLOW THE JOY....I am going to find shirts that read this and give them out to people who I know need them...when life gets ya down or someone disappoints or hurts you....we need to remember to regroup...think positively and #FOLLOWTHEJOY






The Send Off

Well my friend Shannon's last PTA meeting was last night and we had a big send off...I learned so much from her and she inspired me the more and more I got to know her....mixed emotions and many tears last night...so grateful to work with such a wonderful group of women! 





That's a wrap!  Hope you have a wonderful summer weekend XO

3 comments:

Rechelle said...

I love that you've been getting some of your favorite childhood toys to share with your girls this summer, so cute & fun!!!

Hate how you are going through a tough time with not so good friends, your approach to reacting is so perfect. Love the idea of getting those shirts to share with those who might need the message <3

Days of a Wife said...

The Bachelor has been super fun to watch this season! So much drama already! I was sad to see Clay go, because I really liked him! Also, I totally remember that Almanac! Such a cool way to learn about the world! Happy Weekend! :)

Terra Heck said...

I haven't watched The Bachelorette this season but love reading recaps.
Sorry to hear about your friend, but glad to hear you're going to keep finding joy.
Love, love, love that you're getting childhood toys and sharing them with your kids. What a great way to make memories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...