-->

Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday Favorites (Big Time Gratitude Edition)



Friends, this isn't a regular Friday for us.  This is "post-surgery" Friday and we are even more grateful today.  Rob's surgery was a success and he is home recovering.  I need to thank my village- for all of you for the prayers and well wishes and for the help and generosity from our friends and family- with the kiddos....the prayers, the gifts, the texts, the calls....all of it..we are truly blessed and even more thankful for our village.

Here is my Big Guy going into surgery yesterday...in true Robby B fashion, he was making Lilly jokes with the nurses.  When he is nervous he talks even more and jokes around and that is what was happening- oh my heart



It was hard not to be consumed with this over the last month but kids have a great way of distracting you and reminding you how many things you have to do for them...so we rallied! I have a few faves from this week outside of my fave of having my Big Guy home :)  Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE







Golf

So in between work and home resonsibilities, I found that I needed to keep busy and keep distracted this week.  On my lunch break on Tuesday, I met Laurel at the driving range so we could hit some balls and get some practice and the best part was, that our instructor, also the owner of our local club, saw that we were there and was SO PROUD that we actually listened to her- so we scored major brownie points ;)







More Golf

Wednesday night we had our normal lesson and we razzed our partners for not meeting us to practice.  These lessons keep getting more and more helpful AND more and more fun because Joanne is hysterical and such a blast.  I am so enjoying applying what she is teaching- even though I still stink, I can finally hit the ball some distance- FTW!


 and we really look like we know what we are doing in this one...right?  yep...local pros ;)






Diana's Week of Rehearsals

So at Diana's dance studio, they don't really hold a recital but a "theatrical performance." This year it is Snow White.  She has had rehearsal every night this week- eek!  I volunteered to chaperone so on Tuesday night I got to see behind the scenes for the first time and I was amazed.  Sure it is work corralling the little ones but since I get to watch Diana's group of girls, they are at a great age where they just want to watch the older girls dance.  I cannot wait for the productions on Sunday.  I have thoroughly enjoyed being more involved this year- makes my heart happy :)






The Pidge

Eva, a.k.a The Pidge, has an innate ability to lift you up on your most sad or stressful days.  She could sense I was nervous and sad this week and would randomly walk up to me and start rubbing my back and telling me that I am her best friend and she loves me...this child just kills me! 

  

memes of the week!





and I would be remiss if I didn't mention Kate Spade- RIP.  Her death is certainly not a fave of the week, however, I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed her designs over the years.  Her death reminded me once again that we never fully understand anyone's journey or what they are going through...it reminded me to be more kind...less harsh...less impatient with different people...even when they are not acting the way you hope they would.  You just never know.  I pray for her daughter and for her loved ones and I will carry her memory on with her cute bags like my lobster and the adorable crossbodys- her personality certainly came out in her designs and I will always remember this brilliant legend ...



Have a wonderful weekend friends XO

6 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Holly--I was thinking about you and Rob yesterday! So glad to hear his surgery went well and he is recovering. Hope you can have a restful weekend!

Cassidy Adams said...

WOw! Sounds like you've had quite a week! Glad everything went okay with your husband. How fun! I have two boys, but someday I'd love to have a little girl to take to dance recitals. I used to do that as a little girl... and those are some of my fondest memories of growing up:). Have a great week! Visiting from Friday favorites link up!

Rechelle said...

So glad to hear surgery went well for Rob! Oh and Eva is just too sweet :) Happy Friday!

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

I'm so glad his surgery went well, I was praying!

Shannon said...

Glad to hear all is well with Rob- praying for continued recovery! have a blessed weekend Holly!

Good Better Best Food said...

So glad the surgery went well. I said a little prayer for you guys late last week.

As a person who spends a lot of time getting tests etc for my autoimmune diseases I too deal with all of these things w humor. I always give the nurses and techs that I deal w these things w humor and sarcasm. Most of them appreciate it because sometimes people are just so darn nasty to nurses.

Have a Good week

Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...