-->

Monday, June 18, 2018

Weekend Wherabouts and Hello Monday



So another weekend has come and gone....I try to soak up the wonderful weather as much as possible...I had intentions of packing us all up and heading to the beach this weekend but we had too much to do around the house so it didn't happen....but you know what?  It was such a great one!

Here is what it looked like.....


Thursday Night

Not the weekend yet but an important night that I need to document.  This was our last PTA meeting of the year and Shannon's last meeting as President.  Lisa was voted in as our new President and I was voted in for another two year term as Vice President- so bittersweet.  I will really miss Shannon but I am so proud of her and the work she is doing on our school board.  It is just the end of an era and these times are always so difficult.  Thank God we have our book club is all I can say.  After our meeting, we went out to toast this wonderful year and era....

 
Friday

During my lunch break, I volunteered at Diana's Field Day with Cass.  We covered the photo booth and we were glad to be inside because it was raining off and on.  I didn't get to see Diana and her class so we went on a hunt to find her before we left and thank God I did (I just needed to see my little love- more on that later)  She was all smiles and having a ball playing water balloons.



 While I was doing this, Daddy took Pidge to her last gymnastics class of the year.  She was so excited to have earned a gold medal- priceless!





Friday Night

It was time for Diana's voice lesson.  We are getting closer and closer to the big recital.  She has been working hard on her song, Tomorrow, from Annie as well as practicing for Triple Threat Theater Camp which starts in a few short weeks!  

(Nice job with this shot Mama- hey it was a long week- ha ha!)



and Daddy was at the WHS graduation.  He cracked me up when he snapped a selfie of the school board.  May seem like just pure silliness to most but this picture represents so much more.  It is the first time in town, that an entire school board comes together to make decisions...they respect each other and actually like each other so when Rob asked if they would do a selfie- they laughed of course and happily obliged.....



Pidge had a sleepover with Papa and Mama and Diana headed to the Batsons for dinner...Daddy met us later on...it was such a relaxing and fun night for the grownups...


Diana enjoyed being a boy for a night...playing with the boys and playing with nurf guns and video games- hysterical! 



Saturday


We got all sorts of errands and housework done!  So grateful that Zach trimmed a tree in the front yard for us.  Diana and I got all of our Father's Day essentials and then got home to get organized.

That night, we headed to Mimi and Papa's to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad and Rob's Dad and enjoyed time with Matt and Gina as well.  My mom spoiled us with her incredible chicken parm...to die for!

What cracked us up is that our little girls have their grandfathers so wrapped around their fingers- they demanded back scratches and the Papas obliged- hey isn't it supposed to be the other way around on Father's Day?  hmmmm......


and "THE cake" made an appearance too ;)



Sunday 


We headed to mass and then we all met up with the kids at Brick House Tavern for brunch (Rob's choice).  He couldn't partake in the annual Father's Day Golf due to his recovery but he was happy to eat to his heart's content with his favorite people!




Later on, we dropped Diana off at her friend Fran's house for her going away party.  


I am really feeling a pain in my heart for my sweet girl recently.  She is losing two of her best friends at the end of this year.  Fran is moving to North Carolina and they have been pals since Pre-K!  Her closest friend Alice is going off to private school next year.  She is struggling and my mama heart is breaking for her so I am giving her all sorts of extra attention and love right now..any advice is much appreciated!!

(the drama in this picture says it all) ;)
 


While Diana was partying, Mama took Pidge out for a date.  We headed to the park (her request) and then headed to the book store and Starbucks to read and enjoy a beverage (and snack for Pidge)  We had a special little time :)








That night, Daddy had a gig.  It was his choice.  Nothing makes him happier.  The girls and I hunkered down and watched Vacation- we were laughing hysterically and thinking about our funny road trips.  


This week, we have to get crackin' on our summer list- can't wait!  Have a great week friends :)

Linking up with Heather for Hello Monday HERE

1 comments:

Rechelle said...

Oh what a fabulous weekend Holly! My heart goes out to Diana, so tough to see friends go at such a young age.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...