-->

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Strawberry Caprese Salad



Summertime is the perfect time to make use of fresh fruit and especially berries. Though I am partial to blueberries (would bathe myself in them if I could)....I really love strawberries..especially this time of year.


I wanted to share this recipe with you today because it has been a big hit in different crowds over the last month or so and it was requested again for an upcoming cookout so I will be dicing my little heart away!  Maybe you will too?  You won't regret it- so refreshing and yummo.

Ingredients:

2 pints strawberries, chopped
1 log of fresh mozzarella, chopped
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
2 tablespoons mint, chopped
Balsamic Glaze
Salt, Pepper AND maybe you want to give the Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning a shot- I did and it was the perfect seasoning!

Instructions:

 Chop your strawberries
Chop your mozzarella
Chop your basil
Chop your mint
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
Season with salt, pepper and that magic seasoning if you wish
Drizzle with balsamic syrup- very eye appealing AND delish!

Enjoy....preferably outside on a deck with the sound of a sprinkler in the background and someone mowing their lawn next door..you get the picture :)



4 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

So yum---going to make this upcoming weekend!! I was inspired from your post last week and made a black bean and corn salad.

Rechelle said...

This salad is the BEST!! We had it Father's Day weekend after I saw you post a picture of it previously, definitely going to be on repeat this summer :)

Esmé Slabbert said...

Amazing and just perfect for the strawberry season we have at present. Pinned it.
I visited you via Encouraging Hearts & Home Blog Hop!
I have linked up this week with = 38+39..
If you have not joined us at SSPS yet, this is a personal invite to come and share your awesome post/s with us
You will find the linkup information (1) In the Top bar under Blogging: Weekly Senior Salon Pit Stop OR 2nd image In the sidebar.
We hope to meet you there virtually.

Esmé Slabbert said...

Sorry not sure if the previous comment is in for approval, but I will try again.
This is awesome and perfect for our strawberry season. I have pinned this one
I visited you via Encouraging Hearts & Home Blog Hop!
I have linked up this week with = 38+39.
If you have not joined us at SSPS yet, this is a personal invite to come and share your awesome post/s with us
You will find the linkup information (1) In the Top bar under Blogging: Weekly Senior Salon Pit Stop OR 2nd image In the sidebar.
We hope to meet you there virtually.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...