-->

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tuesday Talk: 25 Random Facts About Me Edition




I thought this would be a fun little way for you to learn more about the person behind Pink Lady...so I am sharing 25 random facts about me for Tuesday Talk this month...linking up with the lovely ladies HERE ......here goes nothing!


1. I have a slight obsession with all things Lilly Pulitzer

2. I have to sleep with the t.v on...all night...every night...if I can't have it on, I simply do not sleep

3. I was cast in the Boston Ballet's Nutcracker for four years during my childhood and people on the street actually asked me for my autograph...it was surreal!

4. I still consider my college years some of the best of my life


5. I live for the ocean...need to be near it....and want to live on it someday...it brings me so much peace and happiness and may I add, there is nothing like the New England coastline

6. I have been a recruiter for the last 21 years

7.  I get my hair done every...single...week...my hairdresser Claribel is a magician and one of the kindest human beings I know...she comes to my house and blow drys my hair each week so I can look like a human being...my hair, in its natural state, is what I call "my disability"..no joke! ;)

8. I love coffee, wine, cheese and fish and as much as I love consuming all of these wonderful things...I love learning about all of them just as much!

9. As much as I love all of the items in #8, my favorite food is pizza...it's my kryptonite

10.  I LOVE my Fitbit and use it daily to not only monitor my steps and activity BUT also my sleep patterns

11. My favorite time in church every year is Holy Week- the week leading up to Easter- I can't explain the way I feel but I feel it all.

12. I am married to my one true love- my soul mate and we met IN A BAR...he was playing in his band and it was love at first site- seriously!

13. I have to go to the dermatologist every three months for checks because I have had skin cancer and I love the sun....I also made the mistake of many tanning beds in my teens and twenties and I am now paying the price

14. I always wanted a son...I thought I could only be a good mother to boys....I started being more open- minded when I became a stepparent and started enjoying the different pieces of parenting...when I had my first daughter, I changed my mind and realized that it didn't matter what the sex was, I just wanted to be a good mom....and when I was pregnant with my second daughter, I found myself praying for another girl...go figure!

15. I am 100% Italian...when I was growing up, I wanted to marry someone who was not Italian...I was embarrassed by our family traditions and wanted a break from what I thought was all of the "craziness."  It is funny that now, I search for the traditions in my life and LOVE my heritage

16. When I was growing up, I did two things in my sleep- I screamed regularly and scared the wits out of my parents AND I often slept walked.   I haven't done either since marrying Rob (I guess the worst I do now is snore....ha ha!)

17. One of my most fun memories is winning Homecoming Queen during my senior year of high school....I remember it being announced in my school gym during a pep rally and everyone screaming for me...I was covered in chills and almost cried...and then they announced it again at the football game that night (when I was cheering) and my parents were there and cried...it was a big deal for someone like me...just another average dork who was pretty much ignored in high school! ;)

18. When I was PTA President in 2007, our PTA won the award for Top NH PTA...I was in that role for three years trying to help out in the schools for my step kids...I am now back on the board as Vice President and helping out all over again for my kids...it sometimes feels like no time has passed!

19. I HATE birds

20. While we are on the "things I hate" topic, I hate elevators and tight spaces....I climb the stairs as much as possible wherever I go

21. I make memories with scents.  I have different perfumes for every season and when I smell them each year, they bring back positive memories from past seasons.  For example, some scents I wear include Estee Lauder Pleasures (Spring), Cool Water (Summer), Calvin Klein Euphoria (Winter) and Chloe (Fall)

22. High School Football is in my blood- I don't know how to explain it- I have been close to it on and off during my life and some of my greatest memories include these games...my own high school experience...my ex's coaching experience...my stepson's experience....they bring back such wonderful memories for me...I still get chills walking to a football field on a Friday night...hearing the band....seeing the cheerleaders...it is pure magic in my book...and yes Friday Night Lights was one of my favorite series of ALL TIME!

23. Bon Jovi is my favorite band...I have seen them 6 times in person and I am thrilled that they were finally inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame this past weekend!

24. I believe the 90's were the greatest decade

25. I can be misunderstood...I am very open and can be very direct....I get excited often and probably too intense for some...but my heart is always in a good place and I try to bring good to as many as I can....







5 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Loved this!!!

Rechelle said...

Such a fun post! Thanks for sharing :)

Laura E. said...

I loved getting to know you better! I'm so impressed about the Nutcracker. How cool! Gotta love Lily Pulitzer. I think the PTA would kind of be my personal nightmare, which is why I think it's awesome that you love it! And now I want to get my hair done once a week. :)

Holly Osborn said...

I love that you get your hair done every week!!! Also...I agree that my college years were the best of my life!!

Good Better Best Food said...

Running Daddy and I love Holy Week so much too!

Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...