-->

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

What's Up Wednesday (March 2018)





Well well...it is the end of March....and it was a long and snowy month here in New England....I am ready for Spring...how about you!  We are just one day closer!


This is my favorite monthly linkup so here goes nothing!

Linking up with Mel, Shay and Sheaffer HERE



What We're Eating This Week


Monday- Skillet Tacos (in honor of the book Class Mom)



Tuesday- Chicken Caprese Salads (in honor of the delicious salads at the W in Fort Lauderdale)



Wednesday- Chicken and Broccoli (and brown rice for the kiddos)



Thursday- Leftovers
 

Friday- Good Friday- Friday Night Pizza Night


 What I'm Reminiscing About


Whenever spending time with my parents, we always reminisce so when celebrating my mom's birthday this past weekend, we reminisced about so much.  One thing that stands out is when we were touring colleges and toured Northeastern.  It was one of the 6 schools I got into but it scared me so much.  Our tour guide told us that students were hit frequently on Huntington Ave....ummmm....next?!  Ha ha! 
We saw a satellite campus next to our hotel and that is what reminded us of it this past weekend.



What I'm Loving


Power Yoga...Early Monday Mornings...with Becky as our instructor....I sweat....I focus...I get ready for the week and I am SO CALM...it really is the perfect way for me to start my week!




What We've Been Up To



We spent a few days, over February vacation, at the Cape Codder Resort and Waterpark with BA and her fam!


We said Goodbye to Rob's Mom- it is still really hard for all of us- the lack of her presence at home is so apparent- grateful that her suffering is over just feeling the sadness



Mama enjoyed a girls trip to Fort Lauderdale with Besties



and Daddy and Diana had a blast at the Annual Daddy Daughter Dance :)




We were so happy when our friend Shannon won a seat on the School Board!



and Mama and the girls enjoyed a dinner at Cass's one night during Daddy's weekend away...perfect night!


Diana wrapped up a great basketball season and Papa Bob enjoyed finally being able to see a game!



Daddy enjoyed a weekend away golfing with the guys in Orlando.....


and the girls loved a sleepover adventure with Mimi and Papa....



So Mama and the Ladies made the most of a night alone and dialed it up a notch or two ;)



The PTA Gals Celebrated Shannon's Win!



We celebrated Papa's 80th!



Eva started gymnastics at Palaestra Gym!





and we celebrated Mimi's 70th!



and Brenda's 40th!  Bdays all around!!




What I'm Dreading


Nothing At The Moment



What I'm Working On

My overall health....ongoing process...weight....stress....managing it all!



What I'm Excited About


The Spring!  It has been the longest winter ever and I cannot wait to get outside!  I am excited for walks outside...golfing...planting our garden again....open toe shoes...lunches al fresco and so much more!

Oh and heading to the beach with besties for April Vacation?  Yes...very excited for that!



What I'm Watching/Reading


This Is Us




American Housewife



Scandal


Greys' Anatomy



Santa Clarita Diet



Oh...and I have watched I, Tonya at home 4 times now...I bought it...I know...I have a problem ;)



and this month, I read two books



Truly, Madly, Guilty by Lianne Moriarty
(she is not my favorite author but I do find her novels entertaining and this one was interesting- a little slow just like The Husband's Secret but entertaining nonetheless)




and I read Class Mom again so I am prepared for book club this week...I am hosting!!  I am coming up with some questions for discussion now too!  I howled again the entire time- so funny- I hope she writes more books!


 What I'm Listening To.....

I still have been enjoying the Fort Lauderdale Play List I made and my girls' love it in the car too.  Pidge says, "Mum will you DJ?" and that means will you play your mix because I love the songs!



The other songs I have been listening to are the ones on the I, Tonya soundtrack.  Even if you didn't like the movie you have to admit that the soundtrack is INCREDIBLE!  So we pretty much flip between these two playlists right now!


What I'm Wearing


Well in Fort Lauderdale....it was all springtime attire and lots of Lilly of course!



Since being home and not being very springlike just yet, I have been tossing on lots of black so I can wear my new leopard watch...so for the first time ever, I am matching outfits to a watch...I find it hysterical!!  Hey...it is getting me through the end of this very long winter :)






What I'm Doing This Weekend


It is Easter all weekend long.

On Friday night , we are attending the Live Stations of the Cross outside at our church.  I enjoyed the service by myself last year and this year, the rest of the fam is joining me.


On Saturday, it is our annual Easter Baking Day with Mimi and we will also be coloring eggs AND hosting our 2nd Annual Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.


On Sunday, we are celebrating Easter with our entire fam- mass and then dinner back at our house complete with a Bloody Mary Bar, Mimi's pastita and an elegant surf and turf dinner.


I am so very excited for all of the holy time and quality time with the fam.


What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month




Diana's softball games...the two shows she is dancing in.....and Eva's 4th Birthday! 



What Else Is New? 



On yes....that...and you should be saying THANK GOD...ha ha!!



BONUS QUESTION OF THE MONTH:
What's My Favorite Easter Tradition?

It would have to be baking and coloring eggs with Mimi...we always shared this tradition but it is so much fun now that the girls are involved...they love it as much as we do!




So...what have YOU been up to?

3 comments:

Good Better Best Food said...

I think we need the recipe for the Asian chicken and broccoli recipe. Running Daddy is looking for some stir fry and I need to a few more easy dinners heading into April.

Hoppy Easter!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Jaclyn Musselman said...

What a good wrap up! I can't wait for Easter too and we still have to dye eggs! How do you know what the bonus question for WUW is??

Rechelle said...

You've got an exciting weekend ahead! The egg coloring & baking with Mimi sounds so sweet - love little traditions like that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...