-->

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Holly's Spinach and Sweet Potato Soup



I have been battling a chest cold and head cold and sickness for over three weeks and I don't know about you but when I am not feeling great, I always want soup!

Yesterday, I shared a link to a Detox Cabbage Soup I made.  That soup, though good, left me wanting more and made me crave a chicken broth based soup so I got creative and inspired and whipped up this gem.  Guess what?  Robby B is a big fan too so I see this making it into the dinner rotation.  It is so yummy, warm and so so healthy.  (I could go full out and start with boiling a whole chicken, etc etc BUT hey it is 2018 and my two favorite shortcuts are 1. grocery store roasted chickens and 2. boxes of chicken stock)  


So here is what I did.....

Ingredients

2 tbls EVOO
1 onion chopped
3 stalks of celery chopped
3 carrots chopped 
1 sweet potato chopped  
2 boxes chicken stock
1/2 box of pasta (I used Dream Fields Low Carb Penne)
1 bag fresh spinach
Salt and Pepper to taste
*Optional- One store bought rotisserie chicken chopped/shredded


Instructions

Heat EVOO in large stockpot
Add onion and saute until translucent
Add celery, carrots and sweet potatoes and saute until tender (about 15 minutes) Season with Salt and Pepper
*If you are using chicken, add it now and saute for 5 more minutes
Add stock and simmer for 20 minutes
Add pasta and spinach and simmer for 10 more minutes
Season as desired (I topped ours with grated parmesan and it was delish!) 

1 comments:

Holly Osborn said...

That looks good! Hope you feel better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...