-->

Monday, March 26, 2018

Weekend Recap (Beantown Edition)

Oh friends!  What a whirlwind of a weekend...so much fun and quality time jammed into the last few days...my head is spinning!


So...I just got back from my 5:15 power yoga class and I have enough energy to conquer this Holy Week!


But first...here is what our weekend looked like.....


Friday


As I got work done, Daddy to Eva to her gymnastics class.  She just started at Big Sis's gym- Palaestra and she LOVED it!  She really cracks me up- she conquers everything with such enthusiasm :)








At lunchtime, I snuck out for a PTA lunch and planning meeting for our upcoming event and succession planning- I had the best salad- Golden Beets with Grilled Salmon and 2 capellaci (butternut squash stuffed pasta)- love this place- Tuscan Market



That night, Lea hosted our little friend group for dinner and we talked so much we never got to the games- well the kids, however, enjoyed a game of Pie Face- so funny!  We also celebrated Brenda's 40th birthday which was a blast!


Another incredible cake courtesy of BA
 

Eva loves her some Sedona :)


and she was the biggest fan of Pie Face too ;)
 




Exhibit A
 


and she loves her some Declan too- precious!
 



Saturday


It was time to celebrate Mimi's Bday in the big city.  I picked up my parents and the three of us headed in early to hit the Fin Bar in our hotel for cocktails and seafood- delish!




and then we walked around Fanuel Hall and Quincy Market and had a ball.  My mom also grabbed a slice of the best pizza around- from Regina's- and we all shared it -delish!  Even though we have all lived here our whole lives, we did the tourist thing VERY well and lived it up!












 
 and then we hit up Dick's Last Resort- a true Boston legend- we had some serious laughs there as you can imagine!



Then we walked back to the hotel to meet up with Matt & Gina and Rob and the girls.  Rob met us later because Diana had rehearsal for one of the shows she is in this spring.  I was excited to see them!
 (A few more pics on our walk back)


 
We met up in the hotel bar again so the girls could grab a snack and then we headed upstairs to get ready for Mum's Bday dinner.

We uber'd over to Strega Waterfront and had the most amazing dinner ever- everyone got something different from tenderloin to lobster fra diavlo to surf and turf to mac and cheese for Eva and a meatball for Diana (that was the size of her head!)  I enjoyed the short rib I got and we shared some amazing apps- eggplant rolatini and bufala (mozzarella and prosciutto with roasted red peppers- delish!)









 After dinner, Rob and I along with the girls and my parents decided to do a horse and buggy ride....it was so much fun and such a mild night in the city....perfect!

Some silliness with Mimi while waiting for our carriage :)


and then on our ride...




After our ride, my dad was so excited to be able to pet our horse- Nellie :)



We crashed early- it was a long and fun day!


Sunday


Rob and I along with the girls met my parents downstairs for breakfast.  We enjoyed a leisurely morning and delicious food- I LOVED my avocado toast!



and after capturing this beauty, Eva insisted I take her picture with her yogurt ;)



We had a blast celebrating Mimi!  Then it was time to head home.  Rob got Diana to softball tryouts.  I took my parents home and Pidge and I raced home to try and catch some of the tryouts BUT when we got there, we learned it was a closed tryout and we couldn't even peak- boo!  ha ha!!

Daddy kept Pidge with him and I ran to Target to get all of the Easter treats for the girls and for our upcoming neighborhood Easter egg hunt!


That afternoon, after a little cozy nap, I started getting into Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix- I am intrigued....humored...and grossed out all in one.  I will keep watching though...have you watched this one?



Last night, we brought Diana to rehearsal for the 2nd show she is in this Spring and we headed to mass for the Palm Sunday services.  A perfect way to end a wonderful weekend!  What were you up to?

 

2 comments:

Rechelle said...

What a lovely weekend celebrating your mom, and such yummy food too! I haven't watched Santa Clarita Diet but I've been so curious about it too. Have a great week Holly :)

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

This sounds like such a fun weekend!! I love getting a chance to be a tourist in a city I live in (or have lived in!) I'm adding that show to my list...have not heard of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...