-->

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

What's Up Wednesday (December 2019)






Eek!  It's my favorite post of the month and a week early....this was a fast month but I feel like it's ending and we still have a week after Christmas...just funky.


Anyway, linking up with the lovely ladies HERE and sharing "What's Up" with us.....



What We're Eating This Week

 (Keeping it simple as to not get overwhelmed!)

Monday- Tuscan Market Pasta and Homemade Sauce

Tuesday- Chicken and Rice for the Kiddos and Chicken Fajitas for Mama and Daddy

Wednesday-  Caprese Chicken, Pasta, Salad
 Find the recipe HERE


Thursday- Leftovers

Friday- Out


What I'm Reminiscing About


Our wonderful weekend in NYC.....


What I'm Loving

Clinique Passion Pop Lipstick and Juicy Apple Lip Gloss

Perfect Reds for the holidays!






What We've Been Up To

We made all of our Thanksgiving Weekend Traditions happen and had fun doing it!

Breakfast with the Fourniers


Thanksgiving Eve with Fam and Friends



Thanksgiving Morning- Breakfast and....

The Turkey Trot!

An intimate Thanksgiving Dinner

and Mama's Black Friday with the BFF



and to top off Thanksgiving Weekend, we Nutcracker'd hard!  It was our favorite year yet and Pidge's first year participating!











We made sure we built festive treats and traditions into each week....Pidge and Mama made The Grinch's Hot Cocoa


Mama shared the Cat Meme love ;)

Our Elf, "Relf" came back to play!

Even Daddy got in the spirit early this year ;)

I hosted my 5th Annual Holiday Recipe Exchange and this year kicked it up notch with asking for donations for the Sonshine Soup Kitchen in Derry- total win!

We loved celebrating Diana's confirmation...

and have had many laughs at the bus stop...even on the very cold mornings :) 

and Mama and Diana loved their Christmastime visit to NYC!




What I'm Dreading


Putting all of the holiday decorations away...so tedious AND depressing....sigh.....




What I'm Working On


My 2020 Goals....getting things set up and in place to I can seriously kick butt!




What I'm Excited About


I am really excited for Christmas Eve...it is one of my favorite nights all year and I love partaking in the Feast of the Seven Fishes at my Aunt's house- such a fun Italian Catholic tradition- I had to miss last year since I was sick so really trying to stay healthy so we can all see my Dad's family



What I'm Watching/Reading

A Whole Lotta Hallmark.....




and thanks to one of Diana's besties, I have been binge-watching
God Friended Me...try it...it's fabulous!





and my two/three books for this month were......



Elin Hilderbrand's Follow Up to Winter in Paradise
"What Happens in Paradise"
Even better than the first one in the series and now I can't wait for Book #3/The Conclusion!



and an awesome cookbook for a change.....

Instant Loss- Eat Real, Lose Weight by Brittany Williams





We are going to incorporate Brittany's recipes into our weekly meals and I cannot wait!


and I actually started a third book for the month....and something to keep me in a festive mood.....

Nancy Thayer's "A Nantucket Christmas"
It is just adorable so far!



What I'm Listening To


Sirius XM Holiday Traditions and Holly and Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker is still on repeat :)



What I'm Wearing


When not in business attire, it is pretty much jeans and tops or sweaters and my recent fave are my wedge sneakers...can't get enough of them!






 What I'm Doing This Weekend

We are finishing the rest of our traditional festivities with some gift exchanges, a holiday party at our friends and hopefully the Zoo Lights with Mimi and Papa




What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


Clean Eating Once Again- can't wait to feel better- too many extras this holiday season- boo!




What Else Is New?

It's snowing again and yes I am already over the snow this year


3 comments:

Good Better Best Food said...

I so want to do Feast of the Seven Fishes when hockey guy is older. I think it will be such a great evening.

See you tomorrow friend!
Patty

Joanne said...

What a super fun month! Those Nutcracker photos are fantastic and I too can not wait for book in Elin's series to come out. I am dying to know how she's going to wrap this all up.

Sunshine and Books said...

That cookbook looks good, I may have to try it out. I love A Nantucket Christmas, enjoy! Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...