-->

Monday, December 30, 2019

Christmas 2019!

We had a wonderful Christmas season and the best news was that we all stayed healthy and were able to enjoy all of our annual traditions...when I write Christmas, I mean "Christmastime" and want to share with you what our Christmas week looked like.  We had some work in between but truly enjoyed QT with our family and friends!

Before we get to our fun stuff....I just need to share a few of my favorite memes from this season.....

This one of course.... our favorite cat...



and this one...so true right?  OMG did I feel this one this year.....

Hysterical!

and lastly, can anyone relate to this one?  Ha!



Anyway, on to our fun stuff.....


Fab Four Annual Lunch

 We picked Black Water Grill in Salem this year for our annual lunch...perfect QT filled with laughs and catching each other up on work and our lives...love these girls....





Jammie Christmas


 Before we headed out for this annual tradition, Robby B helped me to get the rest of the wrapping done and also surprised me with a few Christmas gifts (we typically don't exchange but he wanted to surprise me and that he did- he got me the best cell phone holder for my car- it sits on my dash AND actually charges the phone too- amazing and then this beautiful wine that he knew I would share with my besties :)


 and these crazies were dancing around us...they couldn't wait to head out...





Our first stop, as always, was at our favorite Starbucks- Londonderry NH- remember the rules?  You have to wear your PJ's (yes even in Starbucks AND order a fun drink)








(This year, as you can see, we dialed it up a notch with our festive headgear too) ;)

Then we headed out to see the lights- this year we attempted to go to the house in Hudson but they are under construction and took a year off from the decorations- boo- then we decided to head back to our town, Windham and stick there to see the most beautiful homes...they did not disappoint!





The last one is hard to see but it is at one of our neighbors.  Our neighbor Mark is a Meteorologist and always does this wacky, colorful tree that blinks- the kids wait for it every year as do we!  This year, he even won 3rd place in our town's Christmas light contest- we were so happy for him!


This has to be one of, if not, my favorite tradition that we started 5 years ago- yep this was our 5th Annual Jammie Christmas!


Diana's "Not So Secret Santa"

Diana and her besties exchange gifts each year "Secret Santa Style" but they always know who each other has...hysterical....the girls and their moms meet up at Village Bean (the cutest coffee shop in our town) and while they exchange and drink their fancy drinks, the moms catch up over coffee...we started this tradition last year and I just love it!





Visiting Our Loved Ones


Every year, we visit the cemeteries where our grandparents and some other family members are buried.  We always bring poinsettias and say prayers and have taught the girls how to remember their loved ones.  Our tradition has started to include a lunch break too which requires some oysters- I know random....



Laurel and Tom's Christmas Party

 Our friends always have the best Christmas Party for couples during the last weekend before Christmas and again, they did not disappoint...it is such an elegant and cozy night for catching up with friends...I was bad at snapping pics...guess I was talking too much...I was able to get a few though...


and just a side note before we get to the party pics (mostly selfies) this purchase was the steal of the holiday season!

 Baublebar Holiday Earrings- originally $48 and I snagged them for $12 last week- FTW!  Kid you not- you can still get them for $12 for the next week or so!

Back to the party...
















and lastly, I whipped up this Greek platter for the occasion....it was delish and festive and so easy to put together!


Fournier Breton Christmas

This year we decided on the Mamas and Girls doing Breakfast and we hopped on over to Red's to do just that...we exchanged and caught up and had a blast as always!  Snapped a couple of pics of Cass opening up her Sea Bag...warms my heart!




and I am loving the charm and organizer that Cass gave me for my bag!



and Eva is OBSESSED with her Jo Jo Siwa watch...Auntie Cass just knows her little Eva :)


Zoo Lights with Mimi and Papa

 Each year, The Stone Zoo's Christmas Lights Event gets better and better...this is where the girls see Santa every year too....it was a mild night and we had even more fun than in years past!



We also got to see animals (seen below flamingos- the only birds I like) ;)

and some lego displays too!









 After the lights, Mimi made us the most delicious spaghetti dinner with her homemade sauce...sometimes that is all the medicine you need





Christmas Eve and The Feast of the Seven Fishes


Our annual traditions on Christmas Eve include being cozy during the day, whipping up a seafood dish for that evening's festivities and then heading to mass.  One of my favorite nights all year is Christmas Eve when we typically go to Auntie Peggy's for the big celebration.  My family is Catholic AND Italian and the big fish feast has always been our Christmas Eve tradition.  I have had to miss it a few years due to sickness and pregnancy, etc so I thoroughly enjoyed the night this year.

My contribution was Lobster Risotto.  My pal Jeanine who is the greatest cook shared her recipe with me.  I remember when she made it for her wine club group last summer and I dubbed it one of my top three meals of all time.  I was nervous about making it but prevailed.  



I even doubled the recipe for our large crowd and I think it was delish- a huge hit with everyone actually- so much so that it was wiped out even with 10 other fishes- I guess we all dialed it up a notch this year and didn't even stick to the 7- hysterical!  

First up...Tracking Santa with our cousins!
 



and then obligatory family pics- My Father In Law joined us this year for the first time- so glad he did- I wanted him to experience this night :)

 






and all the fish in its glory- ha!
 


Our host and hostess- Uncle Bill and Auntie Peggy (My Dad's Sister)
 

This year's menu included: Crab Dip, Crabbies, Aglio Oilio (this pasta is typically spaghetti with oil, garlic and walnuts- my kids actually devour it every year!) Salmon Wellington, Pesto Gnocchi, Bouillabaisse, Baked Stuffed Shrimp, Haddock with Salsa Verde, Stuffed Quahogs, Seafood Casserole and my Lobster Risotto- all of it outstanding!

Such a wonderful night :)



Christmas Day


The girls did well and didn't wake us up until a little before 7 (disclaimer: I am typically up between 4 and 5 every day but around Christmas, with everything I have to do, I will sometimes "sleep in" until 7 or 8- I know the horror- ha!)

So...they woke us up AND their older siblings who always come late on Christmas Eve to stay so they can see the girls in the morning...love this tradition too!

Here is what Christmas morning looked like... 








There is a story behind Diana's ballet bar too of course- I ordered this one on Amazon- Rob opened it Christmas Eve Day to put it together and it was missing most of its parts- a friend from town and the dance studio had offered us her daughter's ballet bar just a few days prior and I told her we had bought one BUT she ended up saving Christmas!  I reached out to her to tell her our predicament and she was happy to help AND it ended up being so much more special because her daughter is one of Diana's idols and she is getting ready to graduate this year so she is "passing the torch" if you will...what started out as a disaster ended up being something very special!






Oh yeah and my 11 year old is obsessed with the office- I know- too funny!
 










For Breakfast, I made us a ham, egg and cheese biscuit casserole and cheese squares- thanks to Pinterest one again- I typically change out Christmas morning recipes every year


 Later on, Rob and I and My Father In Law along with our "littles" headed to my parents for a lovely Christmas Day celebration- My Mom always makes an elegant meal and spoils us with presents...



By Christmas Night, I am WIPED...how about you?  Time for one more selfie before absolutely crashing hard...but went to bed with a grateful heart for sure!
 

Hope you all enjoyed the Merriest!


2 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

awww what a fun Christmas time week! Lucky for all staying healthy...my crew caught a little bug. Happy New Year Holly!

My Glittery Heart said...

What a fun and festive Holiday! Love all the wine flowing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...