-->

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

What's Up Wednesday (October 2019)






Well it's time for my favorite post and linkup of the month!  It's Shay and Sheaffer's "What's Up Wednesday" where we talk about "What's Up With Us!"  Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE

Here is what is up with us......


What We're Eating This Week



Monday- Weight Watchers/Instant Loss Lasagna
 Great way to sneak in the veggies with the kiddos


Find the Recipe HERE




Tuesday- Breakfast for Dinner- pancakes, bacon and oranges for the Kiddos and Crustless Veggie Quiche for the Adults.  Find the Recipe for the Quiche HERE




Wednesday- Chicken, Broccoli and Orzo for Kiddos- using Veggie Pasta for the Adults


Thursday- Halloween- Scary Supper ;)

Friday- Takeout for the Kiddos- Mama and Daddy are heading out for an adult Halloween Party!



What I'm Reminiscing About


Babies of Halloween Past


Oh my Little Angel....





and my Lobster...ahhhhh




What I'm Loving


Amazon Fall Tops....all the comfy, cozy, cost effective (and leopard print) items...insert heart eyes emoji here :)





What We've Been Up To


School Fun- One of Eva's School Crafts- she is calling them her "Creepy Underpants"- OMG did we laugh!



 Mama hosted Our 10th Book Club- We Chose "You've Been Volunteered"- Laurie Gelman's Sequel to "Class Mom"- hysterical!


Miss Thing won her run for 6th Grade Student Council Rep!


 We enjoyed the Annual Blackout Cancer Game with Family and Friends


Mama and Daddy had fun celebrating Sam's Surprise 40th!


Eva has been rockin' the soccer field!


We celebrated Robby B's Bday at a local pub



Eva had a blast at her first field trip ever at Parlee Farms!

The Breton Boys loved every minute of their time in Montreal

The girls have enjoyed getting fitted for their Nutcracker Costumes!




We celebrated Steve's Surprise 50th!


and had a blast Apple Picking with the Fournier Girls!



Our little fam hunkered down one Friday night to watch our favorite Halloween movie- Disney's Ichabod Crane and The Headless Horseman (The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow)


There has been lots of soccer for Eva

and Starbucks dates for Mama and Diana before weekend rehearsals




Mama enjoyed the Michael David wine event with friends



 and we had a blast with Mimi and Papa at the Annual Milford Pumpkin Festival



While Daddy enjoyed a night at the Bruins

We had fun at Screemfest


and Mama loved visiting the owner of the firm in his beach town of Marblehead 



Mama also loved meeting up one night with the prayer group ladies

and a night out with dance moms to LAUGH!

Eva started up hockey again for the season and she is so excited!

and we enjoyed having friends over for a cozy fall dinner

We have been studying hard and preparing for the Big Confirmation in December!

 and spending as much QT together as possible!


 Eva loved her very first Fall Fest at school!



Mama loved hosting wine group this month in our "Italian Restaurant"




Diana had a blast at her school's "Monster Mash"

and last Friday night was a big cast meeting for Nutcracker and some "modeling" in their new Nutcracker tees as we start to dial up PR

with a fun dinner out after!


Eva got to wear her Halloween costume for the Rekart's Annual Oktoberfest...she was so excited...only thing being added for Halloween is the blonde wig- she is Jo Jo Siwa :)


The adults and kids all had a ball...I was psyched that my "Creepy Calzones" came out half decent so they will be making another appearance on Halloween!




Beth Ann and I celebrated our 5 Year Friendaversary- so grateful God brought her into my life!








Sunday means CCD and mass....this week we "shredded" our sins to symbolize how our sins are forgiven after confession...cool activity that the kids enjoyed :)



and the rest of the weekend was all Nutcracker....rehearsals...hair and makeup tutorials and more fittings...getting more and more excited around here!





and we came home to a lovely surprise from a friend



What I'm Dreading


Nothing at the moment...trying to choose joy...and live in the present...ongoing effort!




What I'm Working On


Many things....my full time job...recruiting, recruiting, recruiting....our fundraiser at Eva's school (just wrapped up and went down as the most successful fundraiser of the Windham PTA of ALL TIME).....and planning for confirmation...we will be celebrating with family and friends...she is receiving and I am teaching her class AND acting as a sponsor for our friend Ella...will be a very special time





What I'm Excited About


Nutcracker!!!!  Feel like I am living the excitement with my girls and as Diana gets more and more trained and involved, we can't help but be swept up in the excitement!



What I'm Watching/Reading


My favorite show.....


A Million Little Things




and the rest of the regulars.....

American Housewife



This Is Us




Dance Moms- On Season 6


Greys



The Affair



and I am proud to say that I started watching my Hallmark Christmas movies...hee hee....Countdown to Christmas started on Friday night and when we got back from dinner with our dance pals...we three girls got cozy and watched a brand new one...told Rob the next day and he just rolled his eyes- ha!!


Did you catch "A Shoe Addict's Christmas" this weekend?  It is a must see!



and my two books for this month were

Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle

I give it 5 stars- Melanie is so so talented...and so very funny!  I also enjoy her blog Big Mama...you will enjoy this one if you are raising a daughter...she speaks from the heart...with humor and grace



and 

I Liked My Life by Abby Fabiaschi

Oh wow!  This was one was recommended by one of my super reader friends and she did not steer me wrong...I would give it 10 stars if I could...gave me chills...made me cry and was just a great read (and bonus is that it takes place in Wellesley MA- FTW)




What I'm Listening To


We have been tuning into Sirius XM's Scream Radio to get into the Halloween Spirit....love the spooky music and scary sound effects!




What I'm Wearing


More and more layers and cozy pieces....I love adding accents of leather/fur/leopard and lots of black during the fall...








What I'm Doing This Weekend


Lots of Nutcracker Rehearsals but Friday Night Mama and Daddy will be dressing up for the big Halloween Bash at the castle




What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

All of the Thanksgiving Weekend Fun....Thanksgiving Eve with Friends, Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day and then hosting dinner, Black Friday with Cass and then THE NUTCRACKER...woohoo!




What Else Is New?

Kayla...my oldest stepdaughter...turned 30 this month...we still can't believe it AND we are so very proud of the wonderful young lady she has become...beautiful on the inside and out...responsible...caring...just a love...Happy 30th Bday Kay!!






5 comments:

Good Better Best Food said...

Your breakfast for dinner on Tuesday night is making me hungry. I may need to try that crustless quiche. And thank you for the book recs girl. See you back here for Thankful Thursdays tomorrow.

Hugs!
Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Happy Birthday to your stepdaughter!! That leopard top from Amazon is sooo cute on you! Happy Halloween:)

Andrea Nine said...

We love having breakfast for dinner too and the lasagna looks incredible as well! Happy birthday to your stepdaughter! I love the throwback Halloween costume pictures!

Natasha said...

My daughter is in four dance classes this year and we've already had one show with another to come in December. Dance is so fun but so crazy! I hope The Nutcracker goes well.

And those spooky underwear are hilarious!!!

Sunshine and Books said...

I love your leopard shoes! I have added that book to my list. I keep hearing about it and now I need to read it. You are so good about making time for girlfriends and it looks like you have so much fun!! Have a great Halloween tomorrow!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...