-->

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Healthy Pumpkin Chicken Chili



Just this past week, I have started to crave more comfy fall foods...I can blame it on the Halloween Fun, Beautiful Foliage and Slightly Cooler Temps I think.....


I always get inspired by Pinterest and I was looking at chili recipes but I really wanted to make a healthy dish..still yummy yes but less fat, more fiber and just healthier...so...I whipped up this Pumpkin Chicken Chili and it did not disappoint...we are even eating the rest for lunch this week! 


What I loved about this dish was not only the warm, spicy fall flavors BUT the ease in which it came together- it would definitely qualify for one of Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals!  Enough of the blab...I know...let's get to the recipe!


Here is what you will need:

  • 1 pound of ground chicken
  • 1 pound of Chicken Sausage (I used Apple Flavored and it added additional fall flavor!)
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
  • 1 (14 oz) can of cream corn
  • 1 (6 oz) can of tomato sauce
  • 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
  • grated Parmesan cheese to garnish


 
Instructions
 

Over medium-high heat, brown up your ground chicken and sausage in a splash of EVOO until browned and crumbly.  
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Next, add in your chopped red onion and allow it to become tender (about five minutes) before stirring in your chopped garlic.

After that, stir in your chili powder, cinnamon and cumin followed by your Worcestershire sauce, black beans, pumpkin, corn, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.  
Allow everything to come up to a boil before reducing the heat to low and simmering about 15 minutes stirring occasionally.

When you’re ready to serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with your choice of toppings

and linking up for Pin It and Spin It HERE

5 comments:

Rechelle said...

YUM, might have to try this one out this weekend!

Joanne said...

That looks amazing! We tried making up a batch of beef stew this week and subbed out most of the potatoes for diced butternut squash and it was so good! Pinned.

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Looks so good--pinned it so I wouldn't forget!

My Glittery Heart said...

Yum! I need to try this!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Hey doll, somehow you discovered my little corner of blog world so I am here to learn more about YOU! Thank you for this delicious chili recipe. We are doing a soup-stew-chili recipe swap and blog hop (2nd annual!!) in early November. And trying new chili recipes is on my bucket list for fall. Going to be mixing this up very soon.

If you would like to join us for the recipe swap, please send me an email to let me know and I will add you to our blog hop.

Thank you.
Leslie at onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...