-->

Monday, September 18, 2017

Weekend Recap (September 18, 2017)

Soooo....everything we did this weekend screams FALL but the temps were summerlike...seriously...I should've been at the beach but I thoroughly enjoyed all of the fall festivities...here is what our weekend looked like....

Friday

Eva enjoyed gymnastics class with one of her besties Sophie

My friend Jess sent me some pics she snapped of Diana from last week's football game.  She got some great ones!



and the pro shots came in too!


Friday Night

Diana's cheer team had practice and got to spend some time with some of the ECE coaches.  I snapped a video of Coach Mike doing his standing tuck.  Diana was all inspired to try it after of course ;)

After practice we grabbed a quick bite with Tricia and Chloe and headed home.  I enjoyed a night cap- my first Caramel Apple Martini of the season.  I shared this recipe on the blog before and you can find it in the Recipe tab above!  (See what I mean about enjoying all the Fall?  It was still 75 degrees out!)

Saturday

It was an awesome day of relaxing and Netflixing....and making my trademark "Dorito Pumpkin Cheeseball" for the Falsettis. The girls were wild...they played all day and I was glad we did not have to rush off anywhere.
  

Saturday Night

Our town has a Black Out Cancer Fundraiser every year.  Most of the fundraising typically happens at the big football game with shirts, etc.  This year, they decided to make it a week long event and different restaurants are hosting events and giving part of their proceeds to the cancer fund.  It is all to support pediatric cancer research.  Rob and his band were asked to play at the kick off party at Old School Bar and Grill in our town.  Some friends and I decided to kick off our night there before heading over to the Falsettis Oktoberfest.  They were great.  The place was packed!  They raised more money in that one night than they have for years past- it was record breaking- for the win!  Kayla and Marshall came to support Robby B too. Fun fun!!

Jilly Bean and Eric picked me up- gotta love besties.
This was the outfit I wore- I wanted to wear my army green jacket on top of it but it was too hot!  Can't believe I am typing those words (not complaining of course).  I think this outfit will make another appearance in Newport next weekend too :)
At the gig....

Kayla and Daddy




After that, we headed to the Oktoberfest and the place was already rocking.  You could hear the band from down the street.  It really reminded me of our college parties especially for the fact of the warm weather....oh yeah and the 130 people who were spread out everywhere!  I was bad with pictures.  Too busy catching up with friends from town and sharing some laughs.  We managed a couple though....




Robby B met us there after the charity gig wrapped up.  I think he was shocked at the crowd too.  I LOVED LOVED the band..they were playing all 90's...my fave!  

Sunday

It was time for mass, groceries, organization....and then another crazy afternoon.

We got our planters decorated for fall...it's a start!
 More pumpkins and decorating to be done!

Diana cheered at the 3pm game in Hudson and then we all headed to the first Nutcracker meeting at 6pm.
 

It was a long day for everyone but a great weekend all around! 

1 comments:

Holly Osborn said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I don't envy your hot weather...I was so ready for fall to be here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...