-->

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Hello Monday on Tuesday and Hello Labor Day Weekend!

 


Hi Friends and Happy Tuesday! Sarah and I are so glad you stopped by!  How was your holiday weekend?  Ours was great and I am breaking it down here....going back to Thursday night...



 

It was time for the WHS Cheer Kickoff Dinner and Diana and I had a great time


 

The Varsity Team


 

Cheer is another excuse for extra time with Lea :)




 

The Juniors





 

It was time for one more day of work before a long weekend....mass...coffee with a friend....and getting sharked!  Love it :)

 

The guilt trips while we are working kill me

 

Then some besties took Suzy and I out for lunch for our bdays





Laurel and BA gave me the Lola Sand Dollar charm- I LOVE it :)


Back at home, after work, it was time to chill!  Eva and I spent some QT on the deck


 

Zach and Zoe were in town for a wedding so they came over for a bit.  Zach helped Robby B make his picks for his fantasy football team


and Diana and her new boyfriend (now official) came home and Zach got to meet him and gave us his approval :)



I got to squeeze some pampering in- a waxing appointment and a luxurious massage (thanks for the bday gift Robby B!)



I brought Diana to cheer- she had all day choreography sessions on Saturday and Sunday.  I picked up some snacks with Eva and brought her to a play date.


Then I got down to business and made a few apps for the bday celebration we were having for my brother and me (his bday is the day before mine)


I found a recipe for the famous Shrooms from Houlihan's- it was an awesome pub in Boston and they had this amazing appetizer- they are mushrooms stuffed with boursin, dipped in batter and bread crumbs and deep fried- the only difference I made was cooking them up in our air fryer- everyone LOVED them- SO GOOD!

 

Chicken Tenders for Pidge of course


Caprese Skewers

 

and Shrimp Cocktail

 
 
My Father In Law made his famous banana fritters and claret sauce per my request- they are amazing!
 

 
and my mom made her incredible homemade spinach and cheese calzone and teriyaki wings- DELISH!
 
 
My Brother brought an amazing ice cream cake and we had to pose for our picture of course :)
 

We had a great night!

 

 

 


Diana and I headed to Nutrition Corner first thing to fuel up!

 

Then Cass picked me up and we headed up to my happy place- the beach- yeah!

 




 It was the perfect beach day and perfect day to catch up and dish!

 

On the way home, we rode with the top down in her Jeep- so fun :)

 



 Diana enjoyed another day of choreography for WHS Cheer

A little later, we headed to Cass and Steve's- they spoiled us and the McLain's with an amazing dinner and birthday cake for me- yeah!!  We had such a great night :)







 
 
 
 


 

Labor Day!

We started our day with a long walk at the rail trail- well maybe I should backup and share that we took Remi and Eva for a little bit but both got tired pretty quickly so Rob brought them home while I continued to walk and then he met back up with me to finish our walk together- the weather was perfect!







Then we did some organizing for the week and while I meal planned, paid the bills and got some work done, Robby B did some yard work.

Diana headed to the driving range with Zach and Zoe and to say a quick hello to her boy :)
 
With Big Bro
 

 
With her Sweet Boy 
 

Last night, Diana went to support her friend who was getting her belly button piercing
 

 
Cat's mom made them dinner after- so cute


Eva kept herself occupied as she always does...but then she and I went for a ride in the Jeep and grabbed some ice cream...it was a great way to end our holiday weekend and kick off a new week- let's do this!



 

 








You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Happy Birthday, friend! You packed in so many great things! It looks like all of your celebrations were a blast! The food pics have me swooning... and hungry. It looks like Diana´s junior off is off to a great start :). What more could a mama want? (Besides sleep but that´s a given!). Have a great Tuesday!

Allstarme79 said...

Happy birthday! Looks like an awesome weekend. Your posts always make me sad that our trail (that was indeed once a rail) is a bit far to just hop onto. We've trained on it for various races in the past but it's still about a 20 minute drive.

Anonymous said...

Would you please share the recipe for the shrooms? Sounds delicious . Thanks

Joyce said...

Sounds like a great weekend, full of family, friends, and fun. Good weather is always a bonus. Happy birthday! You've been well celebrated which is how I think a birthday needs to be.

Holly said...

Sure! Follow this link- https://www.lostdishes.com/houlihans/shrooms.htm

Holly said...

Thank you Maria- so very true! XO

Holly said...

Thank you :)

Holly said...

Thank you Joyce :)

Joanne said...

Those mushrooms sound incredible! Your whole weekend sounds like a lot of delicious fun and you can not beat a beautiful day at the beach.

MandyJoyLoves♥ said...

Lots of yummy food, and a pretty birthday cake! Happy Birthday!

Sunshine and Books said...

You sure did Labor Day weekend right! Happy birthday! So many fun celebrations this weekend and a beach day! Woohoo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...