-->

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

What's Up Wednesday (April 2020- Quarantine Edition)






Hi Friends...how are we all doing?  I know for us bloggers who live all over the country, the school situation is different in every state.  Some of us aren't going back this year...some are still holding out hope...we shall see.  Whatever your situation is, I pray you come to peace with it all.

As always, linking up with Sheaffer and Shay HERE  and sharing "What's up with us!"   Here it goes....




What We're Eating This Week

Monday- Pan Seared Dover Sole* with Asparagus and Brown Rice for Mama and Daddy- Chicken Tacos for the Kiddoes

Tuesday- Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry and Caprese Salad

Wednesday- Marinated Chicken Thighs on the Grill with Corn on the Cob and Broccoli


Thursday- Breakfast for Dinner- Frittata and Salad for Mama and Daddy and Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage and Berries for the Kiddoes

Friday- Takeout (supporting small businesses once/week continues.  So far during this quarantine, we have had takeout from Black Water Grill, Jocelyn's, La Carretta, 99, Pasquale's, Wasabi, 33 Hilltop and On The Corner Grill.  This week, we will be supporting 603 Brewery



What I'm Reminiscing About


Times with some of my favorite people...the human connection...the deep talks...laughs...advice...how I miss these interactions and connections...every day I wake up with a pain in my heart and always ask myself, "Is this a nightmare?  Is it over yet?" 



What I'm Loving


Extra time with these two crazies...as exhausting as it is...they are wow'ing me with how "fine" they just are...how hiding our stress and sadness and continuing on for them is truly making them feel safe and happy...they even just said to us "that was the best weekend ever"....guess it really is the little things :)



What We've Been Up To


This one made me laugh because every month, I usually fill this section up with our whereabouts from the previous month...and seriously..you all know it is been more of the same...Work, School Work, Face time calls, Zoom calls, reading...tv....walks...cooking...yard work...and there was some extra special cooking for Easter thrown in there too so there's that..but hey...we are all pretty much doing the same right now AND I am praying that next month, when I write this post...I will be able to share some more excitement..until then....




What I'm Dreading


Hey...we are in it....no dread here...just hopeful that we are able to enjoy our summer!




What I'm Working On


My job...I have never worked harder to keep the relationships going so we are the first call when our clients can move again...and also helping the girls with their school work but I must say that Daddy is a rock star with the school work!



What I'm Excited About


Getting back to the beach...feeling the warm sun...having coffee or wine with friends...Triple Threat Theater Camp...thinking positively...talking positively...writing positively....willing it all to happen!



What I'm Watching/Reading



We finished The Office and I am still mourning this...Steve Carrell was my favorite...we found some Office Bloopers on YouTube so we have been enjoying some of those since wrapping up the series...the goal here is to keep laughing...


Good Girls




Greys




Little Fires Everywhere...it was amazing....even better than the book...wish it never ended!





and just also started Mrs. America on Hulu 





Decided we are going to start Desperate Housewives next...could use some more humor and drama I guess?




My books for April were


Verity by Colleen Hoover 





This one was CREEPY!  Wow...couldn't put it down!



and finally got into 

Summer of 69 by Elin Hilderbrand





Not my fave by her but made myself get through it
and because I did, I read her follow up short story, called "Summer of 79"- it was quick, easy and a great way to wrap up the stories of all of the characters from Summer of 69



and I even read a fourth book!  I was kinda pushed to for Book Club and I really enjoyed it- light, funny and something interesting that I wouldn't have picked on my own!  (Side Note: My goal is 2 books per month and due to my crazy schedule with work and home, that is a realistic goal for me.  This month, due to insomnia, I was able to read more.  I find myself opening my Kindle when I go to bed or when I wake up thinking...worrying...so I guess that is a positive way to look at this time?  Helping me to read more?  Sigh)


The Spelllman Files by Lisa Lutz




What I'm Listening To


Nothing...silence right now before the chaos...there really hasn't been much music during these times...and that makes me sad



What I'm Wearing


So...I would normally say just workout clothes but I have been able to put on business casual attire at least once/week and that always makes me feel better!




What I'm Doing This Weekend


More of the same...Life....Quarantine Style



What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month


Hoping and praying that I can get back to some of my favorite places...church...the office...and to my hair salon to get my much needed color...and hopefully to our gym...fingers crossed! 





What Else Is New?



* (See Dover Sole on the menu above) I must say...I have had such great experiences at a local Whole Foods (Bedford NH)...everyone is so friendly and cheerful that they put me in a good mood for the rest of the day... everything was so clean and was being constantly disinfected AND I snagged some of the freshest divine fish around- halibut, dover sole and monk fish!  Haven't had monk fish in years...have you ever tried it?  It tastes like lobster because that is what they eat- try it...you won't be disappointed...saute it in a pan..throw it on the grill or under the broiler...that is what I did last weekend and it was amazing!


Will leave you with this....as we are being transformed...

7 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Kids really are the light right now--they truly focus on the good and help us to do the same.
I liked the Little Fires show but I did not like the ending as compared to the book.

Good Better Best Food said...

Yes sweet friend. All of this! You need to join me in the Get Dressed Challenge!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

I too feel like I seesaw between "This MUST be a nightmare" and "I can't believe this is actually reality." It just seems so unreal.

And my kids are LOVING all this time together. It's been so good for their relationship so that is definitely one positive to come out of this time.

Joanne said...

I just started watching Mrs. America too and told my husband I was going to re-watch all the Desperate Housewives episodes too. I have also read 3 of the 4 books and really enjoyed them (Verity and both Elin's books).

Sunshine and Books said...

Have you heard of the Office Girls podcast? I think that’s what it is called. It’s Pam and Angela talking about each episode and it is supposed to be FUNNY!! You are staying so positive!! Keep it up girl! I am working through Little Fires but I think Mrs. America looks so interesting. Have a great rest of the week!

Holly said...

@Sarah, yes just started the podcast and loving it! I can't believe they are best friends in real life :) Thanks for your lovely comment- trying to stay positive anyway- some days it can be harder than others!

Robin said...

I'm a retired teacher and your comment about your girls saying it was the best weekend ever reminded me of what I used to tell parents over and over. When parents would be asking what incentives for behavior etc. to use for their kiddos I would try to emphasis that down the road their children weren't going to remember that they had the newest gadget or toy or video game. I would encourage them to do things with their children like bake, go for a walk, play a game or just listen. All kiddos really want is YOU.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...