-->

Monday, October 15, 2018

Weekend Recap (Screemfest Edition)

Hi Friends and Happy Monday!!!


Though most of my weekend was spent volunteering, we managed to sneak in some awesome QT with our fam and friends too!

Here is what it looked like.....


Friday Night

Lea and I headed up to Concord High School to set up for the big cheer competition.  Though Diana doesn't cheer anymore, I am still on the board and finishing out my term in December.  It was a wild 5 years- so much work and so much fun but everything has a season.  It is time to walk away and let some newer peeps get involved.  I don't regret this time- I met some wonderful people and got to help build an amazing organization but I am very happy to wrap things up at this point.  So...Daddy held down the fort at home and ushered Diana to and from dance and then helped the girls to make their own pizzas for dinner...squished my heart!


Saturday

I was back up at Concord High School at 6:15 and ready to work.  I had to volunteer until 2 and was assigned to team check ins.  Time did go by pretty quickly...snapped a pic to remember where I was this weekend ;)


While I was here, Daddy was covering yet again- to and from Nutcracker Rehearsal to Eva's soccer game and pictures and he snuck a few pics to show me what I was missing :)




When I got home, I crashed...I was WIPED so I took a little nap and then prepared for dinner at Beth Ann's....whipped up some bacon wrapped shrimp and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies..."BA" and Matt had us all over for a cozy Fall dinner and it was just what the doctor ordered...quality time catching up...talking business and the job market (my fave) and having some laughs...the girls had a ball and Eva especially loved playing with their dog Teddy :)








Sunday

Well I should call this one "Sunday Funday"...it was finally time to catch up with my little fam...Daddy was a saint and brought Diana to CCD early while Eva and I slept in which never happens...I slept until 9:30!  I couldn't believe it...ahhhh...Cheer literally sucks the life out of you and I really don't miss it...sorry did I say that?  ha ha!!!

We spent the morning snuggling and watching Hallmark Harvest Romance movies and got organized a bit while Daddy did some yard work.  Then Diana and I got ready for a fun night with our peeps at Screemfest at Canobie Lake Park.   

Screemfest is a Fall attraction that the folks at a local amusement park created- such an awesome idea and brings them so much business during the weekends in fall.  During the day, it is all about Oktoberfest food, drinks, music, etc and they keep most rides open.  At night, it turns into a Haunted Wonderland with scary characters walking around and a few haunted attractions like different themed haunted houses and corn mazes....this year was our best time by far....Diana and I agreed on the way home...we got the most out of it...she rode several rides and Mama got to do some haunted houses for the first time...we had an absolute ball with the best company ever!  Check it out.....


Pumpkin Beer FTW!
 

They also put on some awesome spooky shows on the stage!
 














and they wind the night down with the "Parade of Horribles" where all of the characters parade down to the entrance and have a dance party with the patrons- so cute!



It ended up being a great little....cozy weekend....and Screemfest was a definite highlight!
 

4 comments:

Jaclyn Musselman said...

I don't know if my kids would be brave enough for Screamfest but it looks so fun! Glad your cheer commitment is over--seems like you have enough to keep you busy!! :)

Rechelle said...

Glad you got to sleep in a bit to make up for a busy Saturday! EEKS, Screamfest looked spooky!!

Good Better Best Food said...

Sounds like the perfect fall weekend complete with Hallmark movies! I actually slept in until 7:45 am on Saturday and that was pretty late for me. Loving the cooler temps for sleeping.

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Terra Heck said...

Screemfest looks like a blast! Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year and I'd be totally down for that event.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...