-->

Monday, January 22, 2018

Weekend Recap (Mom and Me Ogunquit Edition)

Hello Friends!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I had a cozy winter weekend and embraced every moment!  Here is what we were up to....



Friday


I got to enjoy a pedicure with my bestie.  Our cheer girls gave us gift cards to our favorite salon in town, Bella Viaggio, (check them out HERE) and we decided to enjoy a pedicure together.  So on Friday, during my lunch break, I indulged and it was great- just what the doctor ordered!


Friday Night

Rob and I headed down the street to a cute little Beer and Wine Bar called, "Cask and Vine".  Check them out HERE . We got together with Tom and Laurel and enjoyed a cozy little night.  We reminisced about our awesome summer weekend at their lake house as well as many other memories and agreed we need to get together more often.   



Saturday

It was time to take my Mom to Ogunquit Maine.  It was part of her Christmas gift and we enjoyed every moment.  Just driving to the coast/Maine, puts me in a happy and calm mood.  I know I belong there and someday will end up there.  As you drive and pass different views of the ocean, you can't help but get excited and feel at peace...well that is my jam anyway!

We headed up to the outlets in Kittery first to kill some time.  It wasn't bad walking around because it was in the high 40's. I know some of you may be laughing but in January, in these parts, that is mild!  Ha ha!!  Then on our way to Ogunquit, we stopped at the cutest pub and bakery called, "When Pigs Fly."  Check them out HERE  .
We had some snacks and delicious wine and snapped a selfie of course ;)

While at lunch, and scanning Facebook, I saw that my BFF from high school, Dawn, got engaged to Jeff.  I was SO EXCITED.  So I did a little post for them and shared their picture that I took this summer when we were visiting....
 I am a sucker for romance but especially when two people meet because of destiny and all of the past pain just slips away.  Yes, my mom and I toasted Dawn and Jeff.

After eating, we bopped on over to their bakery and picked up some gourmet breads to take home.  I chose the Papaya Multi Grain and Chocolate breads because I know my girls will gobble them up for breakfast!  (Hopefully I can tell you that we have a meal win here soon!)


Then we headed to our hotel- The Anchorage By The Sea.  Check them out HERE 
One word?  BEAUTIFUL. 



 Check out these views....



We put our things in our room and then headed out for a long walk- over three miles- it was so refreshing and fun!  Selfie time!


One of the best things to do in Ogunquit is walk the Marginal Way.  It is a path that follows the ocean and it is incredible.  We couldn't do that because it was snow covered and my mom didn't bring her snow boots.  I would highly recommend it any time of year though (just bring your boots in the winter).  We did, however, enoy our walk along the street looking at shops, restaurants and homes.  We walked all the way down to the end of Perkins Cove and back.  When we got back to the hotel, we rested for a little bit and watched some fun and trashy tv- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  One thing we agreed upon, we both need new lip liner and lip gloss- these ladies had us fan girling!  Ha ha!!!

Later we freshened up and headed to dinner at "That Place."  Check them out HERE 

None of the entrees really appealed to us but we chose some awesome salads and got steak tips on them- so glad we did- they were delish!
While we were doing this, Daddy was at home and took the girls to see the Nets for Vets basketball game so Diana could enjoy watching her teachers and principals play basketball- from the feedback I got from some friends, Eva stole the show though ;)


After dinner, we drove down to the famous pub, The Front Porch.  Check them out HERE 
We had a ball having a night cap at the bar, reminiscing and enjoyed the 80's and 90's tunes they were blaring.  There was actually a band playing upstairs and that sounded really fun too but we enjoyed our time downstairs.

The next morning, I walked out to the car to start packing up and had to snap a few more pictures.  The morning was even more beautiful at the ocean- it actually took my breath away.


We headed to our last stop- breakfast at Bintliff's.
Check them out HERE 
Another winner in Ogunquit.  They serve all meals and all sorts of spirits and famous people have dined here over the years.  If you ever get to that area, you must stop in!  While we were enjoying breakfast, Daddy was heading to mass with the girls.  I missed them so much and asked him to send me some pics....so he did :)

 Oh yes and Baby Stella had to go to mass too ;)


Once we got back, I got organized for the week and decompressed with my littles.  We were so happy that Tom Brady came through for us again too.  Rob was getting antsy and cranky but when Brady turned the game around, all was right with the world again.

Just grateful for the QT I got to spend with my mom.  It made me feel like a little kid again.  She is one of a few people in this world that always has my back and I am so very grateful. 


Linking up with Heather HERE for Hello Monday
 

2 comments:

Rechelle said...

WOW, what a great weekend getaway with your Mom! Spectacular views and yummy food, doesn't get much better :) Here is to a great week friend!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Your trip looked so fun!! Love mother daughter time too. I have yet to get to Maine but it looks beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...