-->

Monday, January 29, 2018

Weekend Recap (Family Dinners Edition)

Well...we just wrapped up another warm and fun winter weekend jam-packed with lots of QT!


As you saw on Friday, I enjoyed the NH Winter Wine Festival with besties on Thursday night.


Friday

It was a day full of mass and work and a break to take Eva to "nastics."  My heart...


That night, I took Diana to her voice lesson with Miss Michele.  I taped some exercises per Michele's request but then also taped the song she sang...so glad I did.  She is still working on her confidence...learning how to breathe and sing stronger and louder but you can hear her a little bit...it really choked me up :)

 When we got home, I whipped up my contribution to our Windham Wine Club Holiday Gathering- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Garlic, Lemon and Parmesan

Then I raced to get ready for our shindig- it was a fun date night and one of the few nights the hubbies get in on the wine tasting action- the contest and blind tasting was an absolute ball and we had so many laughs!  After the tasting, there may have also been a dance party also full of laughs that made me lose my breath....the best kind ever!
I threw on an old comfy black jersey dress with some fun pumps and a Kendra Scott Pendant and we were on our way!


I may also add that Cass brought a cake from our favorite bakery- Sugar N Spice- AND it was our favorite cake-chocolate with butter cream and raspberry jam- yep we stepped off Keto for one night and it was so worth it!



and even Mr. Tom got in on the dance party action- priceless!


Saturday

Our little fam headed to Mary Ann's first thing to "fuel up" before Diana's basketball game.  Zach was able to join us for breakfast and the game which is always fun!


While at the game, Eva confiscated Miss Coleen's walking cane (she just had her 2nd knee surgery in less than 2 months).  So she grabbed the cane and my iced coffee cup and thought she was 35 ;)

As you can see, she pooped herself out and when it was time later on to take Diana to gymnastics, Pidge was out cold almost immediately in the car!


That night, we headed to the Batsons for dinner.  It was such a cozy little night of catching up and more laughs.  Just grateful....


Sunday

We headed to mass and then got organized for the week.  While Kayla took Diana to Disney on Ice (annual tradition), Daddy did the grocery shopping and Pidge and I crashed and enjoyed a movie: Back To The Future (in my top 3 of all time) 


Then, last night, our little fam of four headed to the Partingtons for dinner.  It was a chill little night- the kids had a ball and it was a great way to unwind and wrap up a fantastic weekend!

Blessed to have such wonderful friends in town who we spend such quality time with.  So so grateful and happy for my kids to be surrounded by awesome peeps!

2 comments:

Rechelle said...

What a sweet little weekend!!! And that cake looked divine! :)

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

You truly are the busiest girl I know! Too fun. That brussel sprouts dish looks so yummy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...