-->

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Currently (Winter 2018)



So I got the idea from a fellow blogger and decided to start making an effort to do these "currently" posts at least once/quarter or a few times/year.  It will be another fun way to look back at all that was "current" during these blessed years.  Here goes nothing!
Here is what is going on "currently,"

Making:   My 2nd cup of coffee while writing this blog post :)
I am also keeping up with our 2018 Family Album via Shutterfly so I consider that "making" too...wouldn't you?

Cooking:  This weeks' meals consist of- No Carb Cheeseburger Pie, Keto White Chicken Chili, Grilled Shrimp with Veggies and Whole 30 sauce with pasta/veggies.  My hubby made the best low/no carb banana bread to surprise me and I have been enjoying that with my coffee for breakfast this week too

Drinking:  Water, water, water and coffee of course...everyone who knows me knows although I am not always good about my eating and splurging...I am always good with my water intake.

Eating:  It has been the Keto plan for the last few weeks, although I splurged this weekend with a little bread and a bagel.  My recent faves have been a chicken enchilada bowl and the keto pizza crust!

Reading:  Wow friends!  I am kinda impressing myself with my reading.  If you have been reading for awhile, then you know my goal is one book per month.  I met and exceeded that goal last year so decided to make it another "resolution" this year.  Well in January so far, I have read three books- The Matchmaker (Elin HIlderbrand), A Stranger In The House (Shari Lapena) and The Wife Between Us (Greer Hendricks and Sara Pekannen) and I am now onto my book club book Night Road (Kristin Hannah)...YES...book club...so excited!  A few of the PTA ladies that I have befriended decided to start a book club for our group- we all thought it was a great idea as ladies graduate from PTA as their kids get older- it is a way to keep our special group together XO


Wanting:  a GREAT YEAR!


Looking:  for a new pair of gloves.  I lost mine and my hands have been SO COLD...yikes!


Playing: Finally scheduling play dates again for Miss Eva...cheer and the holidays kind of derailed my plan in this area but I think we are getting back on track and that makes my heart happy for my little Pidge



Wasting:  I hope nothing.  I hate waste- I consider it a sin but if you see me and think I am wasting something, please smack me upside the head...kidding ;)

Buying:  Luggage...yep finally doing it....snagged a carry on and I am going on a long weekend with some of my besties to Florida and I cannot wait...fighting the guilt and doing what I need to do...my hubby wouldn't let me back out this year even if I wanted to.,.sunshine...quality time...and memories to last a lifetime.


Sewing:  Ummmm?  I don't sew...enough said


Wishing:   For an early spring...mild winter...you know the usual!


Loving:  Reading...as stated above...it is such a nice escape from daily stresses


Hoping:  My family knows how much I love them


Marvelling:  How quickly time goes by and how my littles have become "mini-adult like"...dont' know how to explain it but enjoying every stage here

Needing:  A Window Washer- can't wait for Spring so we can have all of our windows washed- recommendations welcome!


Smelling:  My perfume- Clinique Happy- only wear it in the Winter- it is one of my Winter scents- still reminds me of Winters in Watertown...living with Cass...she wore it then too and it reminds me of her and our special times there


Wearing:  Print Dress, tights and heels for work...I leave in about 10 minutes for the office


Praying:  For My Mother in Law


Noticing: Days are getting longer!  Things always look up and I smell Spring after December 21st!


Knowing: That God is working through me and that he will never steer me wrong


Thinking:  about my drive in today- hope it is ok- the kids have a 2 hour delay because all of our roads are icy! 

Opening:  Just opened my new L'occitaine Almond Shower Oil and Oh My...Rob said after using it in the shower one day, my skin already feels softer.  Thanks to my blogging friends here for recommending it.  I love it and will be using it to help moisturize my skin in the winter!


Giggling:   at the precious things that Eva comes up with...endless and love this age so much!


Feeling: excited about all of the fun planned during this winter and the year ahead....I usually hibernate during these months and I refuse to this year....My focus is on being courageous and stepping outside of my comfort zone...I hope I am doing just that!



2 comments:

Rechelle said...

Love this "Currently" post, think I might try to add it to my schedule too! Good for you on stepping out & being courageous!!! :)

Good Better Best Food said...

I love this post. I also love Clinique Happy and think it is a really Good casual sent.

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...