-->

Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Favorites (October 13, 2017)


and all the Mamas said.....
As always, linking up with Erika, Narci and Andrea HERE


Here are some faves from this week.....





Festive Fun

On Monday, I recapped our weekend as always, and I just kept thinking about the great weekend we had and ALL of the festive fun involved- the activities, the tastes, the smells...yes please!






The "Fat Bath"

Oh this name just stuck and now that is all Pidge says every day, I need a "fat bath!" Hysterical!





Just Between Us Journal

Friends, I highly recommend this journal to help you navigate through the Mother/Daughter relationship.  Such a wonderful little tool.  Diana and I started using it this week and it is so enlightening already!
I found growing up and sometimes even now, it was/is always easier for me to share my feelings through writing.  Once I get started, I can't stop.  I guess you would also say that this blog is a continuation of that.  I love that Diana has also found a love of writing.  One of her favorite hobbies is writing creative stories.  Now she can write her feelings in this book especially when it may be too tough to talk about them.







 Fall Baubles

Thank goodness for my little trip to Home Goods last weekend.  I picked up some favorite baubles.

My new Halloween coffee mug which I adore....

and a favorite Fall and Winter Scent

Pure Sugar...smells like cotton candy...bliss





Fave Inspirations of the Week!



Fave MEMEs of the Week!

Hysterical!






and speaking of wine....

Laurel and I joined the 90+ wine club!  We joined this past weekend and the wine already came in!  We are so excited to try the different kinds and compare notes.  If you are not familiar with 90+ and you enjoy wine, you should give it a try.  Most of their wines are made from left over lots of famous vineyards/wineries.  Most of the time, you will not know what you are really drinking- 90+ just markets it AND sells it at REALLY reasonable prices.  We often snag bottles weekly at Market Basket for $9.99- no joke!  The wine club option we chose is the mixed batch- it will be reds, whites and an occasional bubbly.  This batch only has red but we are not complaining.  They also included one of the higher end wines (Ironside Cab) that we have tried before and it is incredible!  Yahoo!




Cooking This Week

Okay friends, I need to tell you that Robby B has brought his A Game this week.  We did the meal planning on Monday, he grabbed the groceries and he meant business.  He made incredible stuffed peppers for dinner on Monday night.  Although Diana and I had our special date night, I enjoyed one for lunch in the office on Tuesday.  My coworker and dear friend Janie was very impressed!  They came out so great AND he used his Mom's recipe which is very special to him.

Tuesday night, he helped me make the baked chicken tacos THEN while Diana and I were at cheer practice, he whipped up his first apple pie of the season.  He said Pidge helped too ;)
When we came home, we had an apple pie party.  Pidge had to go to bed before that, but she did ask if she could have a slice for breakfast since she helped- bless my heart this child gets me every time!
Anyway, we all indulged and it was amazing.  Zach took his to another level...



Zach's slice of heaven....


and then look what came in the mail this week!
FINALLY....

I poured through Shay's latest cookbook.  Although I follow her blog and pin her recipes, I never bought one of her cookbooks.  I felt this one, however, was a good investment as it is dedicated to all slow cooker meals.  This will keep my family fed all fall and winter.  I actually made the first recipe on Wednesday night- her Sweet and Tangy Meatballs and I served them with brown rice and broccoli and GUESS WHAT?  The girls ate everything on their plates- For The Win!!
It was a yummy and easy recipe- that is why I like her recipes- they are never complicated and they are pretty quick!



Favorite Outfits Of The Week

This was my favorite work one this week....a little Lilly for the season...




and my fave casual outfit of the week

and my favorite outfit that Diana wore because on Tuesday it was in the 70's again!  (Praise The Lord!)





Evening Fun

On Wednesday night, once we finished up our amazing dinner, we hunkered down and watched our fall favorite, Disney's Ichabod Crane and The Headless Horseman (The Legend of Sleepy Hollow).  I have talked about this before- it is a childhood favorite of mine and it has now become a fave of my girls and our little fam.  After that was over, we watched an episode of Glee and enjoyed the perfect little cozy night.


and last night, some of besties got together to celebrate our September and October bdays...I call it the "never-ending bday celebration"...we had so much fun!


LOVE Sugar Skulls!

Cass's Cauliflower Casserole was to die for!

and BA got the cake from my favorite bakery, Sugar and Spice- it was unreal as usual!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!

4 comments:

Terra Heck said...

Looks like a good time with the besties. I love spending time with my gal pals. That apple pie looks yummy.

Holly Osborn said...

Looks like a great week!! That Apple pie looks delicious!!!

Unknown said...

What a great week! That homemade apple pie looks amazing! I've been eyeing that cookbook too! Love my slow cooker for fall and winter meals.

Good Better Best Food said...

That pie is a work of art!

Do you think there are any gluten free options in Shay's new book?

Hope you had a Good weekend.

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...