-->

Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday Favorites (April 14, 2017)


It is Good Friday.
The most somber day in the church all year.  It is a day to reflect.  If you are looking for some inspiration, watch the Passion Of The Christ.  The movie covers the entire Passion from Holy Thursday to Easter Sunday, with most of the film happening on Good Friday.  It is a true reminder.

As always, linking up with Erika, Narci and Andrea HERE

Here are a few favorites from this week





Girl Time!

This week was a little out of the ordinary.  Mama was out for three nights- eek!  I have had to work extra hard during the day as it is crazy busy (great thing) but I have played at night....

Tuesday night was my first night back on the golf course- I couldn't have been happier 

Wednesday Night meant catching up with Cass

and Thursday night meant PTA then Wine Club





My girls

 We returned our Rice Bowl on Palm Sunday and the girls were so proud :)

 and after our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt, Pidge was wiped...doesn't she look so smushy on Rob's lap?  

Janie

Such a good, quality person and wonderful friend.
She surprised me with tulips during a challenging week and then I surprised her right back by showing up at her house with a tulip plant- it was one of our remote days and we enjoyed a good cup of coffee and business chit chat together- grateful

   



Easter Prep

Well I finally planned our Easter Dinner with help from my Mom and Father In Law

Appetizers  
We are going old school with a family tradition from each side:
Banana Fritters - by Papa Bob- just like he used to make in his store every year!
Pastita- by Mimi- just like Nani used to make and
Ricotta Lemon Basil Honey Bruschetta -courtesy of me 

Dinner
Beef Tenderloin with Cognac Cream Sauce
Roasted Asparagas
ReStuffed Baked Potatoes
Salad
Rolls

Dessert
Ricotta Pie
Lemon Bars
Frozen Raspberry Pie   



Blog Linkup Co- Host

I am excited to co-host a linkup for the first time next week!  We will be talking about our favorite Target finds....so this is just a teaser! :)
   

 Happy Easter Weekend Friends!
















6 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Love how you keep your friends so close, so important! We have about 30 of our friends coming over tonight to celebrate my birthday, can't wait!

I love that squishy age, Pidge is so sweet...

You're menu looks amazing! Does your mom help you cook or are you on your own?

Have a very blessed Easter friend!

Kristi G said...

Love your favorites from the week! Do you do a golf league or just a night out on the course with friends? Looks fun! Have a great weekend! Your Easter menu looks great!

Tara Usher @ Mommy in a Nutshell said...

I need to find a wine club! That sounds fantastic. I love your Easter menu too. Have a great holiday!

A Gal Named Al said...

I want an invite for Easter! I love traditional Easter meals, but when I married into a ranching family I had to accept BBQ as tradition. :( Have so much fun this weekend!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Sounds like you had a great week and got some nice nights out, which is great!

Happy Easter,

Lauren

http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2017/04/5-ways-to-make-exercise-more-fun.html

Unknown said...

So the leopard and stripes totally work!! �� Liked all your posts from the week haha. I read them all together when I get a minute. In my experience, wine is a necessity after PTA meetings, although my kids are older now lol. Your kitchen turned out great!! Happy Easter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...