-->

Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Favorites (February 24, 2017)



Yeah Yeah it's Fri YEAH.........
Linking up with Erika, Andrea and Narci HERE


Here are my favorites from this week




The weather here friends!  Seriously- it has been in the 50's and 60's in New England!!  It has been OUTSANDING...It is usually in the teens and 20's this time of year so we will take it!!
I feel like everyone is in a better mood too- just love it!




Campaigning and this week, specifically, sign duty!
It was a family affair and we had some laughs!




Barre!
So I have heard great things about Barre and I had  been following a new studio in town on Facebook.  A couple of cheer coaches had also told me about the classes there.  What pushed me to give it a try was when I ran into a friend in town in Target.  We were picking up our kids valentines and such.  When I saw her, I stopped dead in my tracks.  She never had a weight problem- she was always petite but when I saw her I thought WOW!  She looks so thin...so great...like a little kid...she was glowing!  She convinced me to give it a try.  So last week I went to my first barre class.  She helped to get me set up with all of the tools I would need in class and it was very welcoming.  She was right when she said "it is like working out in a spa." It is so relaxing in this studio and the owner Callie is wonderful.  It was so so hard but I LOVED it.
This week I went back and Jill came along with me- we decided that it is "fun torture" and a way for us to see each other every week so we have made the committment to this one class/week.  After election season is over, I am going to add 1-2 more classes too.
I can't wait actually!  I feel like I am working muscles that I haven't worked in YEARS...really since having kids...here goes nothing! :)

Favorite Whole 30 Eats of the Week

Buffalo Chicken Casserole
This one is a winner for lunch or breakfast
I want my mom to make it for my dad too because I know he will love it and it is SO HEALTHY!
Find the recipe HERE 

Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
 For this one, I don't have a recipe.  I just mixed rotisserie chicken with some Dijon mustard, avocado, salt and pepper and tossed it in some romaine leaves.  It was delish!


My sweet girl is almost three.  I guess you could say she is exhibiting a few signs of the "terrible twos" but with "Pidge" not really.  When she has a temper tantrum  now, she starts crying and arches her back so you can't lift her- it is really hysterical and I caught her in the act this week when Rob was trying to put her to bed.  Hysterical!


That's a wrap- Happy Friday Friends!

3 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

That lake view is so pretty! I've done a few barre workouts online thinking, "Oh, it'll be fine- I can even do this barefoot." Dripping buckets of sweat within 5 minutes! AGH but so good! Keep those recipes coming- the buffalo chicken sounds awesome! Have a fun weekend!

Laura Darling said...

I love ideas for rotisserie chicken, definitely going to try these!! It's been so beautiful here in Pennsylvania too, and I agree that everyone just seems so much happier! I love it!

Kristen said...

Hi Holly! I've been wanting to try a Barre class too and your description makes me want to take the plunge! The YMCA where we are members offers one - it may not be the same "spa-like experience" there, though. Lol! But maybe a good way to test it out and see how sore I am the next day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...