-->

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Holly's Shortcut Squash Soup (Whole 30 Compliant!)

In an effort to continue sharing Whole 30 Recipe Wins with you, I thought I would share this soup today.

It is something I whipped up on Saturday and it was a win for Robby B and me.

You never know what is going to happen when I don't follow a specific recipe.

I got my inspiration from my friend Angela who made a similar version for me last week.  She gave me some tips and I just winged it.  Hope you try it, even with your own variations!

Ingredients:
1 container of butternut squash cubes OR 1lb. of squash and cut in cubes.
 1/2 packet of baby carrots OR 2 large carrots chopped
 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
 2 cloves of garlic, minced
 EVOO (2 tbls)
 1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp of fennel seed OR 1 bulb of fresh fennel, chopped, is even better!
1 tsp of fresh rosemary
2 cups coconut milk
1 tbls. ghee
 Salt & Pepper

*1 addition- shredded rotisserie chicken makes it an awesome meal!

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Chop squash and carrots and put in one layer on baking sheet- drizzle with EVOO and toss so all pieces are coated


Once oven is up to temp, pop baking sheet in for approximately 30-40 minutes
While veggies are roasting, saute onion and garlic and spices in EVOO
Season with Salt and Pepper
 Once veggies are done, pour pan along with onion and garlic mixture into a blender.  Blend until smooth.
Once blended, add to a large sauce pan.
Simmer with coconut milk and ghee (if soup is too thick, you can add extra coconut milk or bone broth to dilute it a bit- I did that and it made it even more tasty!)
*At this point, you can also mix in shredded pieces of rotisserie chicken.  It adds a little something special to this soup!
It was such a delicious and hardy soup!  I have also been thinking about ways to add to it and make it even better.  I am thinking of adding some pumpkin and nutmeg to the soup, especially in the fall!  Yummo!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...