-->

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Looks Lately (Winter Looks)

You all know I HATE Winter....it is, however, the only season I dislike here in New England.  I really love all of our other seasons.

During the winter months, I tend to hibernate, but last year, I forced myself to get out more.

As a result, this winter, has been full of some fun and we actually have plans every weekend in February- that NEVER happens.

Two things I love to get me through the winter are
1. Diana's ECE Cheer Season- the competitions are so much fun and they carry us into the Spring
and
2. The Town Election Season- always so exciting- and will be really exciting this year with Rob running for re-election

Anyway, I digress.  I have had more excuses to put effort into my outfits this winter.  I think being on the Whole 30 program is also helping me to think about a better me and forcing me to get out of my annual winter rut- not every day (because seriously there is nothing more comfortable and warm then my jammies, Ugg slippers and my blue cableknit blanket)...again...I digress.

Here are a few recent Winter faves

The Lilly Pulitzer Gold Sweater Wrap
I wore it to the NH Winter Wine Festival and paired it with skinny jeans, a tissue tee and leopard pumps
(snagged it on Ebay- I am sure you will be able to find one but you have to be patient- keep at it!) 

The Karen Kane Black Lace Bell-Sleeve Top
I wore this to Boston this past weekend when we were there with friends and paired with my I.N.C. bootleg jeans and black suede boots and topped it off with my black leather jacket and fur scarf
(I snagged the top at Macy's but they are sold out right now- again, you can keep trying- I am sure it will pop up again there or on Ebay)

  I love how they show it here with leather pants- may have to copy that look too!


Stitchfix Floral-Sleeved Sweatshirt
Yes I said Stitchfix...I know I know...I was talked into trying it again.  I decided to give it one more shot AND the bonus is that the pieces I got this month were much more reasonably priced than ones in the past.  We...shall...see....
So this sweatshirt?  LOVE!  Wearing it today and pairing it with Old Navy Skinny Distressed Jeans and my Sorel Snowboots because of course it snowed here in NH!   Oh yeah...and my Vote for Rob pin ;)

   
There ya have it!  I also have some semi-formal events coming up too and I will be showing you how I am going to wear the same dress and tweak the look with different accessories.  Take that winter!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...