They are called "Colossial Cookies" and I haven't had one in years...one of my mom's best recipes when I was growing up...will have to dig up that recipe/beg her for it ;) Then I will share it with YOU of course!
3. What's something you've learned from a culture different than your own?
The art of dining and truly appreciating life and all its beauty in Italy...no rushing...just relaxing...talking...enjoying the weather...the food...the drinks...our surroundings...for hours on end
4. Food critic, film critic, book critic, art critic...which hat would you most like to wear? Tell us why.
Food critic...it is a favorite pastime...and I like to celebrate chefs and restaurants when I find winners...I am also a champion of small business owners....would love to write food and restaurant reviews for sure!
5. What's a small, random thing from your childhood that you still remember clearly?
My first birthday party...kid you not..I remember I didn't feel well...I had a stomach ache and wanted to lie down in my crib but my dad kept sitting me up and showing me my presents
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Diana's real birthday was on Monday...I will chat about that more on Friday Favorites but for now I will leave you with this...some of her best friends surprised her at school
Laci, her Roommate and Friend, decorated the room and gifted her an awesome basket full of treats
and then some of her high school besties showed up to surprise her and bring her Crumbl...she ended up having an amazing day! So happy for her and may have cried when I saw this video the first time :)








8 comments:
With as much as you like food, I can see you being a good food critic. That is a great memory about your first birthday. I mean not good that you had a stomachache but that you remember that birthday. Impressive! Aww, how wonderful for Diana to have a special 18th birthday especially since she was away from home for the first time. I hated that Alyssa's first birthday away was a random school day. Jacob's birthday always fell during break and Abby's birthday fell very near her school's fall break so I was spoiled with being with my kids on or very near their birthdays.
I don't want summer to be over but I am looking forward to cosy season.
Oh wow! That cookie looks amazing!
I do sound of dining in Italy, it sounds so relaxed.
Aww! It looks likes Diane had a fab birthday!
I am sure you always make Alyssa's birthday special in some way but I get how challenging that is Maria XO
How sweet that Diana's friends showed up on her special day! It looks like she had the best day and will have wonderful memories of her 18th for sure! I'm also looking forward to when you share that colossal cookie recipe... yum!
Aw, that is so sweet to see your daughter's friend celebrating her birthday with her. Alec's friends threw a little party and made his first birthday away from home nice and special too. I can see you being a great food critic. You seem to have a pretty diverse palette too. I can not believe you can remember your first birthday-- wow! I'm not sure I can remember any before middle school.
I can't wait to share that cookie recipe Kim!
I can't wait to share that recipe Laura!
Aww...love when our kids find great friends Joanne!
Post a Comment