-->

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Clark







Clark...a true legend...the true meaning of a wonderful and ethical human being and a pioneer in my industry.


Our founder and owner, Clark, passed away this week.  He was a true diamond in the rough.  In our industry, you hear so many stories of recruiters not treating candidates right...you hear about all of the slick deals and unethical business that happens.  As I always say, in our profession, we are constantly fighting the ghosts.  We have to kill ourselves to demonstrate our ethical and professional ways...go above and beyond...do the right thing always...and with all that being said, we had the privilege of learning from the best there ever was.



People always took my call because of this man.  One of my favorite conversations over the years was with a woman who told me, "when I hit rock bottom and had nothing to offer him or anyone...he took me out to lunch...gave me the greatest pep talk I ever received and sent me on my way...I will never forget him or that and that is why I will always take your call."



That my friends is a big reason of why I joined my firm...actually begged them to hire me...ha!


Our business has become transactional from time to time due to the advances in technology and the kids coming out of school who don't want to meet in person or invest in time, but we strive to build those long- term, trusting relationships and know that is what our firm was built on and that is how this legend became so successful.

 


As a human being, he was a wonderful husband and father and loved the ocean.  He was so happy and excited when we would go up and visit him in Marblehead where he lived.  He would take us on walking tours of the town and narrate history and fun facts.  

 

He was also so progressive and one of the first staffing leaders in our area, who embraced the "working mom" and offered flexible schedules so we could do our most important job and that was to be a parent.

 

I will miss him forever but I promise to take his values with me in all that I do.  I am really sad..I'm not gonna lie...life has been so challenging this year...it is very hard not to throw in the towel...but I am hoping...from up above...he will push us to keep going...keep trying and turn things around...trying to keep the faith and make him proud.

 


Rest In Peace Clark...you made such a difference in so many lives...probably more than you will ever realize.  Grateful I got to know you, work for you and spend time with you- a wonderful human.





3 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

I´m sorry that you lost your friend and mentor. He sounds like a great man who will live on in the legacy that he created by his integrity and hard work. Sending you hugs today :).

Joanne said...

I am so sorry to hear that you loss this wonderful friend and mentor. He sounds like such a wonderful boss and person.

Natasha said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Holly. I will pray for you as you mourn his passing and live out his legacy. It sounds like he was a great person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...