-->

Monday, January 6, 2020

Hello Monday! (It's January Edition)



Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  Linking up with Heather and the Crew HERE
as we come off our coziest weekend yet!

Here is what it looked like....


Friday Night

When Pidge came home from school, we enjoyed looking through her school work but this one project really stands out.  It is their "I See January" book.  Each page has a different thing about January and they color the picture and write the word.  On the last page, they are allowed to create their own thing and it really choked us up....she chose Diana...bless my heart!



and helped Diana with some fan mail ;)


It was leftovers for the kiddos and a new clean recipe for Mama and Daddy with a side of air fried broccoli....our recipe was so easy and delish and I will definitely be sharing it soon...

Chicken Pesto Stuffed Sweet Potatoes



Then the girls were playing and Mama and Daddy decided to try a free trial with Apple TV so we could check out the highly acclaimed "The Morning Show" with Jennifer Anniston and Reese Witherspoon.  Guess what?  We LOVE it!  We have already flown through four episodes!  Have you seen any of it yet?  Definitely a drama but there is some comedy mixed in...and it is written so realistically...it will remind you of all of the headlines a few years back that accompanied some of our favorite morning talk show hosts.



Saturday


Mama met some besties at the gym and rocked it.  I was worried because I have severely cut my calories and sometimes when I do that and I am working out, I get faint but I timed my meals and complex carbs just right and felt good :)



Then it was time for hockey...I met the fam at the rink and LOVED watching Eva "Pidge" do her thing...I didn't get to see her all fall because we had to divide and conquer while Nutcracker was going on so it has been awhile and I was so proud at how much speed she has picked up and how much she is enjoying it...my little Pidge! :)  #purejoy





That night, Daddy had a gig so my Dance Mom friends came over to keep me company.  While the kids were having fun...running around crazy...choreographing dances, etc, the Moms chatted, laughed so hard and traded war stories...so good for the soul and they kept me entertained for sure










Sunday


This was the coziest day of all...did not leave the house once...FTW!  Daddy put some finishing touches on Eva's new hockey rink outside and started painting a table my parents gave us for our family room.  I meal-prepped for the week and also made us a delish roasted pork dinner.  The girls and I watched some great dancing movies together...such cozy QT- Leap (animated and so so cute) and Center Stage (one of our all time faves)....later while the girls were playing I snuck in a movie I hadn't seen and it freaked me out!  It is called "A Simple Favor"...have you seen it?  Wow...if you want to be spooked watch it!  Last night, we crashed and watched some of the Golden Globes together



See?  So...much...coziness....and I feel so refreshed today...Happy Monday Friends!  

5 comments:

My Glittery Heart said...

Ella watches Colleen all the time but I will not let her talk like her to me! HA

Good Better Best Food said...

Hockey Guy is going to be so jealous of your ice rink.

Happy Monday sweet friend
Patty

Tanya said...

The dance moms look like a blast! It sounds like a great weekend! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

Rechelle said...

I love cozy weekends, looked like the best time!!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Happy New Year!!
I really want to see the Morning Show but we don't have apple +. Might have to do the trial too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...