-->

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Watermelon, Feta and Blackberry Bites


Are you looking for a red, white and blue dish to bring to a get together this weekend?  Have you been assigned an appetizer for the neighborhood Memorial Day Cookout?  Well, friends, look no further!  I have got you covered.  


I have been making this little dish for the last three years.  It is the first app I whip together because it is easy, it is oh...so...patriotic...and it gets me in the summer spirit stat!

Guess what?  It only takes 3 (and sometimes 4 ingredients) and I will explain!


 Ingredients:

1 small watermelon, cut into 1" cubes
6 oz. of Feta cheese, cut into 1" cubes
Fresh Ripe Firm Blackberries
Mint leaves, chopped (optional)
Toothpicks or Small Skewers

Instructions:
Skewer watermelon chunks, feta and blackberries
(Optional: slip a piece of mint in between the watermelon and feta)
 
Place on serving platter and store in refrigerator until ready to serve...that's it...seriously...so easy...so yummy and soooo festive and pretty!  Right?

 (You may also want to dip these little gems in some balsamic glaze- that is another option to give them a little kick- enjoy!)

2 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Yumm! I love feta and watermelon but I've never had with blackberries!

Rechelle said...

YUMMY! Thanks for sharing, would have never thought of this combo on my own - can't wait to try it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...