-->

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Green Salad in a Jar

Salads in a Jar could be considered a fad I guess.  I don't make them much but once in awhile when I do, I always ask myself, "why don't I make these more...they are flipping awesome?!"



So the very first salad in a jar I made is the one I make most often and it is definitely my fave.

It is the "Green Salad In a Jar".  It is so easy and SO DELICIOUS friends and the bonus is, it is chock full of super foods!

You need to make it...TODAY!

Ingredients:

For the Dressing

  • 1/2 avocado
  • 2 tbsp coconut milk
  • juice of 1/2 lime
 

For the rest
  • 1/3 cup cooked quinoa (I used farro because that is the grain we had in the house)
  • 2 tsp minced cilantro
  • 1.5 tsp coconut flakes
  • 3 asparagus stalks, chopped into 1" pieces
  • 1/4 cup green peas
  • 1 medium zucchini, "spiralized" (or just buy the zucchini noodles that are already made for you in the grocery store- that is what I did!)
  • 2-3 scallion/chive stalks, diced
  • 1/4 cup cubed feta

Instructions
  1. In a food processor, place in all of the ingredients for the dressing. Pulse until creamy. Set aside.
  2. In a bowl, combine the quinoa, cilantro and coconut flakes. Toss to combine and set aside.
  3. Bring a small saucepan filled halfway with water to a boil. Then, add in the asparagus. 1 minute later, add in the peas. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and pour out into a colander.
  4. Assemble your mason jar salad. First, put in dressing. Second, the zucchini noodles. Then, the quinoa. Then, the scallions. Then, the asparagus & peas. Then, the feta. Put the lid on the mason jar and refrigerate for later use.
 When you are ready to eat your salad, toss it into a bowl and enjoy!  I guarantee love at first bite!
 Linking up with Allie today for her "Try It Thursday" Series HERE


2 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

I've been meaning to try both salad in a jar and spiralized veggies. This has me intrigued! Thanks for linking up!

Good Better Best Food said...

I have also been meaning to try a salad in a jar. This is a must do for next week when I return to work.

Patty
www.GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...