-->

Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Favorites (October 14, 2016)



It's Friday!!!  You know what that means???  24 hours until our first competition...AHHHHH...I won't be sleeping much tonight.  After school we have our last practice and then tonight we have our taco party so I will be busy busy BUT never too busy to post my Friday Favorites!  Linking up with Erika, Andrea and Narci HERE


Here are my favorites from this week!





Tracy Flynn is an award winning Cheer Coach and we are blessed to have her as part of our organization.  She has been coaching the same group of girls for the past seven years.
She is fighting the fight of her life.  This past summer, she was diagnosed with Stage 2 uterine cancer.  We are all rallying around her.  Tracy is the kind of person who would give her shirt off her back for anyone in need.  Case and point, she knows I  am a new cheer coach and this season has been HARD for me.  Even though she is going through chemo and has her own practices to attend to, she showed up to help me at our practice on Wednesday night.  The girls are in awe of her as am I.  Check it out

and her best friend Kerri, who is on our Wolverines Board, had these beautiful bows made for the girls.  Now the girls can wear them and show Tracy that they are walking with her in this fight.  We love you Tracy!





Okay I have two favorite recipes from this week to share!  Both are Paleo friendly!  One was designed that way and the other I changed to make it compliant.

First BLT "Pasta"
Check out the original recipe HERE 
 The changes you can make to make it Paleo friendly include: (Rob had to throw this together while I was at cheer) Paleo Sweet Potato Noodles (you can find them online), extra herbs instead of ranch dressing and olive oil and vinegar instead of bottled dressing (I make homemade dressing typically)

Second Paleo Taco Skillet
This was so delicious that I even took it to work one day for lunch!
Check it out HERE 




My two favorite shows this week?
This Is Us (of course!) It is getting better and better!

and the new American Housewife- I LOVE HER!!  I laughed so much...I definitely think this will also be a new fave :)




Coming home to a clean house?  YES PLEASE! 




Halloween...Halloween....Everywhere!!!  Oh I love Halloween and now that Lea is in my life, and she is obsessed, I am looking everywhere for ideas for her.  She decorates her house head to toe in the best decorations and she hosts the biggest Halloween party in town every year.  So now she has tasked me to help her decorate and create an even better celebration, I send her pics every day!

How about these "Melted Jack-o-Lantern Brownies"?  How cute are they?
 Find the recipe HERE


Hope you all have an amazing weekend!  We have our cheer comp and then some more spooky fall fun planned!!
 

2 comments:

Elenie Counts said...

That pasta looks/sounds delicious! I am currently doing Weight Watchers, so I like the fact that it's on the healthy side. Not easy to come by with pasta dishes most of the time...
The bows the girls are wearing, such a great way to show support. :):)
Your blog is precious, and you are so pretty!

Hope you have a great weekend and that the competition goes good!

Stephanie said...

Your blog makes me miss competition cheerleading soooo bad! Coaching is seriously a dream job of mine. And those brownies are too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...