-->

Monday, September 12, 2016

Blueberry Bacon Breakfast Bowls- Paleo Friendly!

So there is just something about blueberries.
I have been on this kick all summer and it is carrying me into the fall.

Blueberries...mmmmmm

As you also may know,  I have been following a "modified Paleo" lifestyle the last few weeks and I continue to learn and try different recipes and eat more and more whole foods.

While playing around with breakfast one morning, I found something that not only worked but that I loved and so I created a new breakfast recipe

Blueberry Bacon Breakfast Bowls



Ingredients for Each Bowl:
1 Siete Food Grain Free Tortilla (I have tried this with both the Coconut and Casava Tortillas as well as the Almond Flour ones)
1 or 2 Eggs
1 piece Bacon
1/4 cup Blueberries
Splash of Coconut or Almond Milk

 There are two ways to make these delicious little wonders so I am going to share with you two different sets of directions

Directions for Option One (My preferred option)
Mix egg with splash of Coconut/Almond Milk
Chop up bacon and add to the bowl
Add blueberries and stir
Microwave or fry for 2 minutes
While that is cooking, heat up your tortilla for 10-20 seconds
Once egg mixture is done, place tortilla in a bowl and top with egg mixture
Enjoy! 

Directions for  Option Two
Soft Boil 1-2 eggs (Mine come out perfectly if I boil water on the stove first and then drop eggs in and let them cook for 7 minutes- no milk necessary)
While eggs are cooking, warm your tortilla for 10-20 seconds
Once warmed, place blueberries and bacon on top
Once eggs are done, peal and place on top of the bowl
Enjoy! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...