-->

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Gourmet Burger Salad




So right now, I am taking a lunch break and listening to my Sinatra station on Pandora (common theme) right?  I just finished my tuna veggie pasta salad and I got to thinking.  I always get more and more creative with salad making over the summer.

I love to mix some different ingredients with the regular salad veggies and sometimes, after being inspired in Grand Cayman a few years back, I will even add fruit.  

So if you come to my house and I serve salad, you will find the lettuce, tomato, cukes and onions but you will also find avocado, corn and berries in my salads too!

Anyway, I digress. A few weeks ago, Tuesday was crazy for us.  Rob cooked cheddar burgers on the grill so we could just do a grab and go.  He had a school board meeting.  I had an important client meeting and then I headed to the Windham Middle School Academic Recognition Night where I presented a couple of PTA awards.  Always one of my favorite ceremonies of the year and so happy to be involved in it again.

Okay okay back to the food!

I have seen various burger salad recipes on Pinterest like "Big Mac Salad" and "Cheeseburger Salad".  So I got inspired and friends?  It was a WINNER!  So yummy and so healthy and just different and  just wow!

Here is what you will need:

1-2 hamburger patties (you can also used ground beef or even ground chicken- I just liked the texture of the grilled burger, chopped).  *Now I call it gourmet because we used gourmet burgers and the more creative you get with your burgers, the more gourmet this salad becomes!  The burgers we used were cheddar onion burgers- delish!

Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber and Onion (and whatever else you like throwing in your salads)

1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (here is another place where you can kick it up a notch; if you want something a bit more "gourmet" then toss in some Gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles instead OR how about an herb goat cheese?
Now the next two ingredients are what makes this a winner!!

One large half sour pickle, chopped

and 

Thousand Island Dressing- oh yeah!
We used Ken's Light Thousand Island as seen below


Here is what to do:

Chop all of your ingredients into bite size pieces and...
 
Toss it all together- seriously! 

Dress to your delight

That's it...seriously...insanely delicious, healthy and Oh...So...Easy!

 Enjoy!


2 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

Oh wow! This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

This looks SO good! What a creative idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...