-->

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Holly's Whole 30 Frittata

Holly's Whole 30 Fritatta


So I promised you that I would share Whole 30 "Recipe Wins" as I got inspired.

Friday's morning breakfast was a definite WIN!

Rob and I both had separate meetings on Thursday night- I had our Wolverines board meeting and he had a special School Board meeting to discuss their financial audit.  I got home at 10:45 and thought that was late....well he didn't get home until after 12 midnight.

Regardless, we both agreed we were starving!  We had eaten our dinner, our beef and broccoli stir fry around 5pm.  

Old habits die hard BUT we remained true to ourselves and the program and just took a water bottle to bed.

So, as you can imagine, we were starving on Friday morning.  Before going to bed, I decided to make us a fritatta for breakfast.

A fritatta is a simple way to use your veggies before they go bad- almost like a meal with the kitchen sink!
It is also super simple to keep it clean.  Did I miss the cheese?  Nope!  It was so good that I didn't miss my cheese.

I thought I would share the recipe with you today!

(This served 2 people- I split it with my hubby!)

Ingredients:
3 egg whites
2 eggs
1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
2 tbls avacado/coconut oil
4 organic chicken breakfast sausages (I used Applegate)
Handful of kale
3 baby red bliss potatoes (chopped)
1/2 cup chopped red onion (chopped)
 Salt, Pepper, Cinnamon and Nutmeg for Seasoning

*I also threw some fun toppings on this bad boy: 1 tbls. of guacamole and 1 tbls of fresh salsa

Instructions:

Heat your skillet
Once hot, add your oil
Add potatoes and onions and saute until soft (approx. 5-10 minutes)
Add in sausages and kale
While this is sauteeing, beat your eggs with coconut milk and spices
Once veggies are soft and sizzling (after approx 5 minutes), add your egg mixture on top of the pan
Let saute for 5 minutes
Remove from stovetop and pop that skillet in the oven, under the broiler for 5 minutes/until golden brown

I topped with salsa and guacamole and enjoyed a sliced peach on the side

This was incredible- so delicious- so filling- and Robby B agreed!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks yummy! My daughter is trying to talk me into the Whole 30 program this summer when she's home from college😬. I'll remember this if we try it...but I think I'll be trying it before that😉

A Gal Named Al said...

This sounds great! I may make it as a breakfast for dinner meal when I have more time. Thanks for linking up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...