-->

Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Favorites (May 27, 2016 Memorial Day Weekend Edition!!)


Linking up with Erica, Narci and Andrea HERE

It is Friday and not only any Friday BUT the start of Memorial Day Weekend
and the official start of SUMMAH in New England- WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

We do it right here- if you don't live here, you must visit.  Summer is the greatest time.  We have the best beaches, best seafood (especially lobster) and tons of history and culture to soak up!
Let me know if you ever want recommendations for restaurants, places to stay and must-see attractions!


Memorial Day Weekend (a Friday Fave always)
In New Hampshire

and Maine

in Massachusetts

and Rhode Island

Connecticut
  
and Vermont

and after the rest of our weekend fun, we will be enjoying the Windham Memorial Day Parade.  Daddy is marching once again- could be his last.  We shall see!  We are enjoying it while it lasts :)

The parade in 2014




and in 2015






While we are on the subject of Memorial Day Weekend and the Start of Summer, LOBSTAH (as we say here) is one of my faves!  There is nothing like a traditional New England Clambake- our clambake consists of New England Clam Chowder with Oyster Crackers, Steamers, Boiled Lobster with Drawn Butter, Corn on the Cob, Roasted Potatoes and sometimes a Slice of Watermelon for Dessert
HEAVEN

You can find an awesome recipe for New England Clam Chowder HERE 
I always tell Rob that for one of my birthdays, I want to have a clambake either at the beach or in our yard with friends and fresh flowers and jazz blaring....ah pure bliss





Eating outside this time of year- on our deck as much as possible and when dining out with either family or friends- trying to sit outside when the weather is right
Wednesday was perfect for lunch "al fresco" with some of my besties (I did have a salad too- geesh)




My girls, always, are a fave- always have to include them- they were "driving the car" during grocery shopping




and watching Diana during her stunting and tumbling lessons is another Friday fave- it is always one of my favorite things to do- so proud of all of her hard work!






These ladies, pure and simple.  I get to work with them and they are amazing.  Here they are telling me that I made the best choice ever- picked the best company ever (and it is true- working with them is a true bonus)



 Well there you have it!  I hope you all have an amazing Memorial Day Weekend.  I hope you remember what we are truly celebrating and I hope you live it to the fullest 
(and bathed in Red, White and Blue!!)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...