-->

Monday, May 5, 2014

Dear Eva (at 12 days old)

Dear Eva,

I am so happy that you are finally here!  You gave us a few scares over the last several months but we are so grateful that you were born healthy and loud!

My C Section was scheduled for Tuesday May 6th but because my blood pressure started to spike at the end, they took you early and you were born at 9:40am on Thursday April 24th, 2014.  You were 7 lbs, 11 oz and 19 and 3/4 inches long.  You seem like a little peanut compared to your big sister Diana (even though she was only 8lbs, 2 oz). 

What I remember most about your delivery is that the nurses brought you over to me and let you sit on my chest for immediate skin on skin contact.  You were trying so hard to see me...it was a wonderful moment that I will never forget.

I experienced sickness after but even after all of the sickness and pain, you are SO WORTH IT!  You have made our family complete.

Your big sister cannot stay away from you.  We are constantly fighting her off :)
 
Right now, you eat every 2-3 hours.  You sleep most of the time which is GREAT! 

Mimi and Papa think you look like me...in fact Mimi says it is like she already knows you; you look just like me when I was born.  We will see if that changes or not.  Some other people think you look just like Diana.

Daddy has nicknamed you "Pidge" short for Pidgeon because of the pidgeon-like sounds you make.  So now we have The Monk and The Pidge- just precious.

We love you.






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...