-->

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

GO SOX!

So...I love the Red Sox...when I see them or even hear a game in the background...I think Summer...I think of my grandparents going to the games...I think hometown pride.

Rob got us tickets to the Saturday afternoon game at Fenway vs. the Oakland A's.  It was partially to celebrate our anniversary and partially to celebrate my birthday and it was an asbsolute BALL (no pun intended).

We started by dropping off "The Monk" to my parents (I laughed when my brother called me ten minutes later to tell me Dad didn't know how to make a grilled cheese and Mum wasn't home yet)...

When we drove into Fenway, it was the most amazing experience...tons of people walking to the field...it was like a sea of red...unbelievable...so awesome!

We checked in at The Hotel Commonwealth...dropped our bags down and then headed out for our jaunt to the field- SO EXCITED!
Getting to the park was even more amazing!
Once inside we bumped into our "old" friends Kristin and Dave....I got to see Kristin recently for some reasons that will be shared in the near future but it was so fun to see this adorable couple for a quick hello!

It was then time to grab our sausages and beer...anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big sausage fan (keep the jokes to yourself) but there is something about a Fenway sausage...don't leave the park without trying one...and the beers rock too!

We took our loot and found our seats and the view was amazing...I kept getting more and more psyched and had 10 times more fun than I was even anticipating!

As many of you may know, New England was hit very badly with Hurricane Irene on Sunday, however, the terrential rains started in Saturday afternoon.  As a result, we got some heavy rain during the game.  Since we were under the roof of the grandstand, we stayed through the first rain delay and then decided to trek back to the hotel during the 2nd rain delay...it was downpouring!  All I cared about, of course, was "the hair!" No worries though, it stayed dry under my Sox hat and jacket...the rest of me was drenched and poor Rob was totally soaked too.(I must add that we were able to watch most of the end of the game when it resumed later on and the Sox won- WOOOHOOO!)

We chilled at the hotel for a bit and then headed out for some more fun.  Our hotel had two fabulous restaurants attached to it so we didn't have to leave in the storm at all!  We hit up the Island Creek Oyster Bar first.  We sat at the bar and indulged in some exotic drinks.  I had a few Oysters (from Mashpee) that were outstanding and we each had an oyster slider...so different and sooo sooo yummy!
After the awesome oyster bar, we walked through the hotel and to the other side.  As we were making our way over to the other restaurant, Eastern Standard, we stopped to look at the classic Red Sox photography that lined the hallways.  Rob HAD to pose with his idol Carlton Fisk of course :)
Eastern Standard was good but not as good as the Oyster Bar...only thing worth mentioning?  The Summer Salad...loved the root veggies with the lemon pepper dressing...delish

and the view from our room...The classic Citgo sign...great great time...so sad it is over...the Red Sox are in my blood and how lucky am I to share this with the love of my life?

By Sunday morning, we made our way back to my parents and enjoyed a lovely day (despite Hurricane Irene)...when it was time to go home (to no power of course) Diana was yelling at us saying she wanted to stay with Mimi and Papa and liked them better...I couldn't help but laugh myself silly! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...